Cat Crap Spray

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Crescentius, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Crescentius

Crescentius New Member

Map
    I've used the original Cat Crap paste (anti-fog treatment, for those of you running to your cat boxes ready to find a new use for your feline's by-products) for a few years on ski goggles, sunglasses, my helmet visor, and just about anything else that fogs up in the cold weather, works wonderfully. I went to grab a tub at my local Ski equipment peddler and noticed they are now manufacturing a Cat Crap Spray. Anyone used this yet? How does it compare to the old stuff?

2. rc24rc51

rc24rc51 New Member

Map
    I've never heard of that crap!

3. metallyguitarded

metallyguitarded New Member

Map
    I used cat crap all last winter (the paste) and it works really well. I'm going to check out the spray.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Is it organic?

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    how does is smell is what concerns me more...hopefully not like the name.

6. Crescentius

Crescentius New Member

Map
    Lol, certainly not! It's actually a soap-based product, and smells a bit like lye. I decided to pick up a bottle from the ski place today, I'll try some tommorow and let you gents know how it works out.

7. Badbilly

United States
    It's green so it must be organic.

I wonder if this outfit would sell just the container. What a great conversation starter.

8. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    I like to use my own shit on my visor before headed out. I just need to remember not to eat collards the night before.

Rollin

9. Crescentius

Crescentius New Member

Map
    Went for a ride this afternoon, the spray-on stuff seems to work just as well as the paste. Much easier to apply too, although I wish the applicator was a mister and not a stream sprayer. I think they should change the name to Cat Piss, much more appropriate.

10. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Like I have said far too often here in this forum, almost to the extent I sound like a broken record. That is a round disc of vinyl from which one listed to music for you young uns. I ride year round in the worst of the worst. Even been caught in the snow much to my displeasure I assure you. But for over 4 years, I used dishwashing liquid on mine and it worked as near perfect as you will get. And I assume is probably one hell of a lot cheaper than Cat piss or whatever its called. You just need to get used to the visor appearing to be slightly dirty. Kinda like the film that builds up on the inside of a smokers car windshield. Does not hamper your safety at all. Just smear a few drops on the inside with your fingertip. Then wipe excess off with a small piece of soft paper towel leaving just enough behind to leave that slight haze. Naturally you want to keep the water off it cause it will rinse away. But cheap enough to re-apply, and almost anywhere has a bottle of that stuff around. Even at the local gas station for cleaning their coffee pots.

I have tried different anti fog sprays in the past, and so calle anty fog cloths with little if any success. But can't say I actually tried your product. I now use a Pinshield that works very well. Matter of fact, I expect to be very wet when I arrive at work at 6AM tomorrow. But my visor will be clear.

11. Crescentius

Crescentius New Member

Map
    I've tried the the dishwashing liquid method, and it works well enough I suppose, but quite frankly I don't like ANYthing obstructing my vision, no matter how slight. I have a 100% optically correct visor for a reason, so I can forget it's there and concentrate on riding.

Cat Crap has been produced for over forty years now because it just plain works. No fog, no residue, easy to apply (even easier now that it's available as a liquid), lasts longer between applications than soap and it's damn cheap. May not be as cheap as dish soap, but when 4$ worth of the stuff lasts me 3-4 YEARS, I think I can afford the price difference for a superior product. A pinlock has the advantage of being a more permanent solution, but unfortunately they don't make one for my helmet.

I respect your opinion, and I've certainly used dish soap to good effect, but as thousands have said before over the ages, don't knock it till you've tried it!

12. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    No prob. I did find it irritating for the first while too, but after riding in the shit I do, it all became relative anyways. Cat Crap. I wonder if that is available here? I will have to look that up. Surprising what you can get down there we can't here.

13. Badbilly

United States
    Maybe Rollin Again will go on a collards fast and send you a substitute. Now we need to find oot if there is a VAT on shit.

14. Crescentius

Crescentius New Member

Map
    Yeah, I'm a bit more sensitive than others to having distorted vision. Average pair of safety glasses or cheap sunglasses gives me a big ol' headache after a few hours, so I tend to choose my optics pretty carefully, and keep them as clean as I can.

Most online retailers seem to be listing it for more than my ski shop (six bucks and change for the standard paste) for some reason, dunno about Canadian availability though.

BTW Webbikeworld did a review on the paste a few years back also:
    Cat Crap Visor Anti-Fog - webBikeWorld

15. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Maybe I will just order some up and sent it down to Atascadero and pick it up there. I think BikeBandit has the stuff.

16. Badbilly

United States
    After waiting for years for a meaningful exchange about cat shit, My prayers are answered. Thankee Jesus and Hello Kitty.

17. digitallyhip

digitallyhip New Member

Canada
  18. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    I have two felines...if you want I'll send you their cat crap... FREE you just pay shipping.... for a better deal I will send you one bag a week .......

19. Badbilly

United States
    Do not fall victim to this offer. This is some of that Canadian cat crap that is imported.

20. AussieLuke

AussieLuke New Member

Map
    I can out do that one. I will send the whole damn cat, you can harvest your own. LOL
    P.S. just don't tell the wife or I am toast