Cannot Set Clock 2007 VTEC

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy, May 2, 2013.

1. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hi Guys,

I've got a 2007 VTEC ABS and I am trying to set the clock to the correct time. I am fairly new to the bike (3 months), and I've looked in the handbook which tells me to hold the 2 buttons in for over 2 secs (with the ignition on) and the display should start flashing which means it is in "setting" mode.
    No matter how long I hold these buttons in for it doesn't happen. I know the reset button is working because I can reset my trip meters.

Anyone got any ideas ?

If the worse comes to the worse I can live with this, but it's slightly annoying me to say the least.

Cheers

Carpy :confused:

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Their two seconds were measured with the tapping of a foot. Hold it longer and see what happens.

3. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Turn ignition on.

Whilst you can hear the fuel pump is priming, press and hold down just the Select button.

Whilst keeping the select button pressed, after 2 seconds ALSO press and hold down the Reset button until the clock display start to blink (it is then in setting mode). Release just the RESET button when the correct AM/PM is displayed, with further presses of the reset button to select the hours and minutes.

When done - Turn off ignition.

SkiMad

4. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Cheers Fella for your rapid response. Your solution sorted me out a treat, I knew this was the place to get good info fast !!!

Carpy

5. nearfreezing

nearfreezing New Member

United States
    Map
    First world problems...

Glad you got it fixed! :banana::banana::banana:

6. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Sadly this is not the only instance where the instructions in the owners manual are just plain wrong.

Kudos to Carpy :clap2:for actually reading and trying to follow the manual...

In fairness to Honda their translators have obviously got a lot better since Honda released their original UK owners manual for the Honda C50 (way way back!) - which included so many hysterically amusing mis-translations that reading the manual became a source of entertainment. From memory my favourite bit ran something along the lines of "..do not puff needlessly..."

Thinking back I wonder if Honda were just way ahead of the anti-smoking bandwagon:smile:.

But in the 21st century you have to wonder why they don't insist the people translating technically important stuff like this are actually bikers who have the chance to see and touch the relevant motorbike, and can ensure that things are not lost in translation....

SkiMad

7. pherako

pherako New Member

Map
    Yep, setting the clock on the VFR is like programming a VCR without a television. It can be done, but should be easier. One of these days, your vehicles will come with a web interface where you can customize everything like a wireless router. And the button dances will be gone!