Cabo....Ride, Dine and Dive

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Scubalong, Dec 11, 2013.

1. fredsncoma

fredsncoma New Member

United States
    Welcome home Long. glad you made it safe and sound.

Now......PICS of CHICKS :boobies1::stripper::boobies7:

2. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

You must have been really anxious to get home after you made it across the border, you passed up a free IPA in Solana Beach:drink::witless: receive any performance awards on your trip? Glad your back safe.
    John

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Hi John

I was in a hurry to get home and busy fighting the crazy traffic in South Cal.......I will meet up with you after Christmas for a beers or two. I will get with Ootvs to see if he want to come along :)

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I wonder if Long got any diving in? The way it is in Mexico now it's 100 pesos to go in the water and 50 to get out.

5. Scubalong

United States
    Well you are closes but in wrong currency :pound: diving in Cabo is 110 in USD :chaingun:
    I did not dive since I can pay the same in Cozumel and the dive condition is 10 time better.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Another ten years and the currency in SoCal will be pesos. Everyone will have to buy their own wheelbarrow to cart them around.

7. Scubalong

United States
    Merry Christmas Everyone

Got some free time to update the report, please grap a chair seat back relax and enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

8. Scubalong

United States
    Day 1
    Vu and I are loading up the bike to get ready to hit the roads.
    Vu drove down from SF on Friday night so we leave a little later than original plan
    [​IMG]

The viffer is load up and ready :wink:
    [​IMG]
    Vu getting ready
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hit the road...
    [​IMG]
    We slap our way down to the border in typical South Cal traffic:2guns:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Suck.....I hate OC :mad:

Found my twin following me along :pound:
    [​IMG]
    Pass Mission Viejo the traffic lighten up a bit....Vu and I just crusing down the interstate and let the feeling soaking in. We are official on the road trip :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Vu enjoy ride my GS.....Lucky little bastard :chairshot:
    He is not knowing how lucky he is riding the GS in Mexico......More on this later :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Poser.....
    [​IMG]

Make it to the border, we stop to fill up and exchange some Pesos and get some grubs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vu sure love to pose for pictures
    [​IMG]
    Exchange to Pesos
    [​IMG]
    Get inline waiting for my turn
    [​IMG]
    Seen I will be exchange a junk of Pesos I have to be alert and look over my shoulder to make sure no shady indivitual closes by :pound:
    Vu is guarding our bikes while I am making the transaction :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    Enter thru TJ border, the border have been completely expand make our entry so much easier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Enter the first access and the gate open up to over 20 lanes :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just pick one and slowly roll thru :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now we are in Mexico......Woooooo....Hooooooo
    [​IMG]
    Passing thru Mexico check point custom
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Mexico watch for those Topes :scared:
    [​IMG]
    The topes getting bigger and bigger yike......
    [​IMG]
    The size of the topes are same as size as the soccer ball :hss:
    [​IMG]

9. Scubalong

United States
    Stay tune more coming..........:pound:

10. Badbilly

United States
    Please notice that Long has a nice house and the world's smallest hoops court.

11. Scubalong

United States
    Day 1 continue

Out of the border now find our way to toll road heading to Ensenada
    [​IMG]
    This is Scenic route passing Rosarito
    [​IMG]
    The ride were nice and uneventfull
    Taking a break along Ensenada beach
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Over the shoulder shot :wink:
    [​IMG]
    Uno loco Viet :pound:
    [​IMG]
    After a short break we heading out of Ensenada
    To get out of Ensenada we have to rode thru the town and of course we have to deal with all the Topes :scared:
    The town is crowded, dirsty and the roads construction is terrible. Our goal for today is try to push on to El Rosario. Between Ensenada and San Quintin there are many section under construction. In Mexico they would clear the side off the road fill with gravel, sand and dirt whatever they can find to fill the new section and redirect traffic. Not much choice so the Viffer and I have to do some off roads :scared: to get to where we want
    Some of the construction section is short and some is miles long filled with sands and gravels…….Did I mention the road are SUCK :pound: Make it thru several section without any mishaps. Thanks God
    After crossing many of the gravel road, Vu and I pull into the Premex to fill up our tanks and taking a break from all the hard work to keep the bike from taking a nap :pound: As we wait for fill up I noticed a couple were taking a break by a GSA and they look Asian….. Ok stop your Stereo type peeps
    Enter El Rosario Vu found a motel Baja Cactus for $250 pesos which is around $23 dollars……Awesome
    Next to the motel is a restaurant called Mama, this place well kwon with Baja 1000 and also a stop number 7 for the race. We unload the bike and check in the motel refresh our self with a warm shower and head out to Mama for a bite :wink:
    First thing first………A COLD beer Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh feel so good after a long ride.
    While stopping for gas at Vicente Guerrero we met a couple from Malaysia touring the world on their fully loaded 1200GSA :hss: we chat for a while and they decided to tack along with us since they are heading south as well.
    Back at Mama restaurant ……We order some Taquilla to celebrate Vu’s first Adventure and welcome our new friends Alex and his wife Allison. We order the famous Lobster burrito some fish tacos. The bill for our dinner cost $990 Pesos :hss:
    After dinner Vu ran to a market and pick up more beers so we can chill and recap our ride of the day. After couple hours chit chat and talk about Alex and Allison adventure we (The four of us) agreed to leave around 9AM next day to Mullege. After couple more beers we hit the sack to get ready for the next ride.

Here is Alex and Vu
    [​IMG]
    During our conversation they want to know where we will be heading and I told them we are on our way to Cabo so they ask if they can tack along. We were happy to have them joining us for the ride. After the break Alex asked where should we go from here? I told him we will push on to El Rosario for the night. It getting late and we only have couple of hours sun light and El Rosario is about 2.5 hours away :scared:
    Guess we have to ride in the dark for a bit, so off we go ….Voooooommm….Vooooommm
    The sound of the Vfour is like music in my ears. I love it :thumbsup:

We arrived at El Rosario close to 6 pm with uneventful :wink:
    The sun is set around 4:30 pm so we have to ride in the dark for little over an hour. We plan not to ride in the dark unless we have too cause there are animal like cows, buros and horses are everywhere.

Here is Vu, Alex and Allyson follow me to El Rosario
    [​IMG]
    The sun is setting and we are still long way from our destination :sad:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yup :sad: the sun is finally gone
    [​IMG]
    As you can see on my face, I am try to race with the sun
    [​IMG]
    Here is Alex and Allyson just arrived at El Rosario and it is Dark
    [​IMG]
    Here is Alex catching his breath after a long chase in the Dark try to keep up :pound:
    [​IMG]
    Vu found a motel using Google called Baja Cactus for $250 peso :party2:
    Here is our room
    [​IMG]
    Unload the gears and take a looooong hot shower getting ready for :party2:
    Vu is chilling while waiting for me :wink:
    [​IMG]
    Vu is a Dork :pound:
    [​IMG]
    Our bikes are resting next to our room in a gated motel and with Arm guard at night :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    Alex and Allyson enjoy their dinner with cold beverage at Mama restaurant
    [​IMG]
    Alex place his sticker on the beam
    [​IMG]
    Left my sticker at the motel so I ask Vu to run back and get mine....So he did (Good kid....)
    [​IMG]
    Our sticker at Mama restaurant
    [​IMG]
    The party just began
    [​IMG]
    More beers coming and Taquilla is flowing :drinker2:
    [​IMG]
    That wasn't enough Vu ran over the market and pick up another 8 pack :scared:
    I guess the Mexican does not want to run out of beers so they come in 8 pack and 14 :smile:
    Here we are celebrate our first day on the road and thanks god for a safe trip.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  12. CRFan1

CRFan1 New Member

United States
    Map
    LOL......awesome pics and story so far Scuba! Looks like a lot of fun!

13. Scubalong

United States
    Day 2

Day 2 (El Rosario to Mullege)
    Wake up early this morning to pack and load up the bike, waited for Alex and Allison to finish their packing…….Took them about an hour to pack :pound: Fill up our gas and stop by Oxxo store to get a coffee and some snacks.
    [​IMG]
    Vu is all pump up and getting excited.......Start striping :pound:
    [​IMG]
    Alex's bike
    [​IMG]
    The only thing missing is the expresso machine....:rofl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vu spot a taco stand next to the Oxxo he decided to have early breakfast.
    He end up spending a good 20 minutes chit chat with the locals and consume half a dozen of tacos
    Turn out the taco stand were just have a grand opening and Vu is their first customer :party2:
    Twenty minutes later Vu is full and the taco stand owner is happy with the grand opening :wink: Gears up and heading out woooooooooo hoooooooooo more riding :party2:
    We gear up getting ready to hit the road
    [​IMG]
    Waiting for Alex and Allyson to get the whale rolling :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    Still waiting...Tick....tock....tick....tock....
    [​IMG]
    Let roll...
    [​IMG]
    View of the road
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Along the way we found a Gasolina stand along the road, at the town of Cantavina look down at my gage and found the tank still ¾ full so I push on. Making our way up the mountain pass and holly Batman the wind is blowing hard I mean is freaking hard….The condition is horrible words cannot descript
    We rode side way for hundreds of miles with caution……To make it worse there are trucker pass on the opposite side would cause turbulence and would push the bike to the edge of the road. I have to hug the road close to the left so I have more room to adjust each time to avoid get off which is will not be pretty :scared:
    After couple of hours battle with the wind, we found an empty spot between the cut out of the mountain so we decided to stop and rest took some pictures and waited for Alex and Allison.

Taking a break and wait for Alex and Allyson
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gianr cactus :scared:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Who is this Stud :pound:
    [​IMG]
    This thing is massive :hss:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Having a drink from my Camel bag :wink:
    [​IMG]

After half an hour resting and waiting no sign of Alex and Allison so we push on. Make it down the pass and noticed the gas is low so I pull into a stop to fill up the GS with our spare gas tank. As I approach the GS I found a terrible sign :scared: The wind have blown the gas can off the rack and hanging next to the exhaust and melted the can……..Holly beeeeeeeep I were shock and also thankful that the gas container did not caugh on fire. Lucky for us at the stop there is also a Gasolina stand that do have gas for sale

:hss:
    [​IMG]
    In the middle of NOWHERE
    [​IMG]
    I see GAS :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Yeyyyyyyyyyy :party2:

[​IMG]
    Bad.....very bad :nono:
    [​IMG]
    The exhaust were all stain from the heat and Gasolina
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The old man ran into the shack and pull out a 5 gallon container start filling the GS
    Finish with the GS he fill the remain in my Viffer. When I help open the container I noticed the gas wasn’t full so there is not really 5 gallons. I ask the man how much he said $296 pesos for 6 gallons
    I know the man is trying to make a leaving in the middle of the desert so I did not want to disbute
    I am also thankful that there is gas for us so we can push on to the next town.

As we were filling the gas for the GS and the Viffer a car pulling in to take a break. The driver and his friend drove from Ensenada to Mulege for Christmas.
    In the car is a cute little girl and see were currious of what going on so we try to explain to her in Spanglish but does not seem to go anywhere :pound:
    Luckyly the driver speak some English so he translate to all his friend :)
    The diver is the one in Black cap
    [​IMG]
    Here is the cute little girl
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As we getting ready to leave the little girl gave us each a little whale made by ceramic which is cute and very kind of her. I wish them all Merry Christmas and hand her my sticker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still no sign of Alex :rolleyes: I know it is tough for them on two up and try to battle the high wind is not fun. Hope they are Ok

Paid for the gas and we head out to next town which is about 50 miles away. Found a Pemex gas station so we pull in to fill up again since there will be no more gas until next big town. After fill up Vu and I pull in to the taco stand to grap a bite as Vu pulling in next to the restaurant the GS and him decided to taking a dirt nap….:pound:
    Turn out there is a deep tire track and he miss his step and the GS start to lean over ……….and with weight of the bike and the luggage that was too much for Vu to hang on. :rofl: Help him picking up the little pig in the heat wasn’t fun :mad:
    Down our gears and enter the taco stand and no one around……..What the beep…….We yell out to see if anyone around and got no response…….As we return to the bike ready to head out then we saw Alex and Allision so I ran out and flag them down.

Found Alex and Allyson........Woooooooo....Hoooooooo
    [​IMG]
    We have a quick chat and decided to push on to Guerrero Negro which is only about 35 or 40 miles away so we can have a better place to rest. We enter the town around 2 pm and find out most of the restaurant are close. Make our way down to the port and could not find any decent restaurant to pull over. We turn around and head back to Mex 1 on our way out we spot a café internet so we pull in to get some foods. Turn out it is a Italian café they only serve sandwich and pizza Vu refuse to eat pizza so he left and find a taco stand. Alex, Allison and I stay at the café and order some foods and cold drinks. While we were there I try to make contact with Sheri and Juan in Assucion for our stay and make some arrangement for our Whales watch excussion. As we chat with the local we find out the whales won’t come down till mid January so we have to make change in our plan.

Here is Vu enjoy the local foods
    [​IMG]
    Here is the main road of Guerrero Negro
    [​IMG]

14. Scubalong

United States
    Making our way to Guerrero Negro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. ShawnCT450R

ShawnCT450R New Member

Map
    Awesome story and pics so far! Great times!

16. CRFan1

CRFan1 New Member

United States
    Map
    Keep em coming Scuba! great story and pics so far!

17. Scubalong

United States
    Thanks for reading :thumb:
    I will be free for the next few days and trying to catch up with the report. Will have more :rolleyes:

18. Scubalong

United States
    Roll our bikes to the front door and unload the gears,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it still early for dinner so we got some beers chill catching up with email and work on my Spot and GPS. While I am working on the electronic Vu and Allyson checking out the neighborhood, they talk to Jorge for recommendation on Best Sea food restaurant in town and Jorge redirect them to a restaurant around the corner called Santo Remedio
    So off we went to check it out the restaurant recommended by Jorge. The restaurant is super nice and we have the whole place to ourself :party2:
    [​IMG]
    Inside the restaurant
    [​IMG]
    The foods not even ready and the wine bottle is empty :sad:
    [​IMG]
    Look at the menu there were Sea foods plater that including Lobster, Scallop, Sea Bass and Prawn
    We look at each other and said Hell we just survive a brutal ride so we deserve a feast like this. We place the order and the hoist recommended some Mexican wine so we agree. We ask the man what is good for appertize he suggest we should try Scallop cocktail…..Sure why not :rolleyes: We are going all out tonight spending like a call girls :pound:

Scallop coctail...Yummmm
    [​IMG]
    Foods start to roll out the kitchen :party2:
    Pasta soup seem to be very popular in Mexico
    [​IMG]
    And here is the Grand slam :clap2:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry picture not to clear.....
    [​IMG]
    Time to :drinker:
    [​IMG]
    We eat, drink and talk......Repeat eat drink and talk untill we all waisted. We left the restaurant with a full tummy and 3000 pesos lighter in our wallet :sad:
    It is expensive but we eat and drink like a king and gave the guy great tips.
    This is the moon when we walk out the restaurant :hss: it is bright and light up the whole town
    [​IMG]
    Some strange log
    [​IMG]
    Strange cactus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Life is goooooooood looking forward to our day 3 :rolleyes:

19. Scubalong

United States
    Day 3

Day 3
    During our dinner the night before we agree to hit the road at 8 AM. We woke up at 6 pack up the bike lube all the chain and get ready to roll. No sign of Alex……:rolleyes:
    I ask Vu to write him a note and left on his bike to let him know where we will be heading. As we ready to roll Alex came out and said it is only 7 AM. We forgot all about the time change when you pass Baja Sur, they do not participate in day light saving time so the actual time were one hour later than our. Whatever we have to roll so I gave Alex the GPS coordinate where I will be.

Giving Alex the GPS coordinate
    [​IMG]
    Time to hit the road....
    Off we went Vooooom…..Vooooom Nice to be on the road again :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Checking on Vu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The landscape change as we go
    From brown to green
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Giant cactus are every where
    We start seeing vocano ruin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what in Vu mind :rolleyes:
    Hope he is enjoy Baja as much as I do :sad:
    [​IMG]
    A lot of twisty
    [​IMG]
    This bringing Joy to our ride :thumb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More twisty....Woooooo...Hooooooo
    A side note, watch for Mexican drivers :scared: They do not follow the curve they would drive straight thru the turn and take over your lane. :hss:
    [​IMG]
    And watch out for Topes on the turn. They put topes along the twisty so force you to slow down.
    [​IMG]
    Arrived in Santa Rosalia and looking for the Mission
    [​IMG]
    View of the coast line
    [​IMG]
    Stop for gas and some picture :wink:
    [​IMG]
    Bases on Vu Google map the Mission should be closes by. We rode up and down the town asking people and a Policeman and this is what they show us.
    [​IMG]
    The Mission is never there it is in another the town share the same name :chairshot:
    Off we went to find the Mission. As we make our way out of town. Vu and I stuck behind a slowing truck, we patienly follow the truck :rolleyes:
    The truck slowly pull to the right side of the road so Vu decided to push forward. As soon as Vu speed up the truck make a Uturn in front of Vu
    Watch in disbelieve and shock I scream out to Vu and the truck to stop........:scared: The truck does not seem to care :chairshot: Vu grap on the break and make a sudden stop inches away from the stupid truck. All the people along the road were piss at the truck driver as well. They yelling something in Spanish.
    I have Vu pull over on the side of the road and let him calm down. After a pee break and some talk with Vu to make sure he is ok and aware of the driving condition in Mexico he seem to be ready to roll again :party2: Mulege here we come
    [​IMG]
    The roads and the scenery is just Awesome

[​IMG]
    Arrived in Mulege around noon and found this motel recommended on ADV
    Meet Javier the Owner of the Motel and Restaurant. Javier spoke perfect English and a great man.

[​IMG]

20. Scubalong

United States

It is Noon so that time again........:pound:
    What time is it Boss....? It is :drinkers: time
    [​IMG]
    Yup life is gooooooood
    Help ourself to the restaurant and order some Cold beverage
    [​IMG]
    Wish Jason, Reg and Toe were here :rolleyes:

Here is the view of the town