Baja Bound with the Three Amigos

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by 34468 Randy, Oct 21, 2018.

1. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    OK. Where did I leave off on bike trip to Baja. I think it was in Redding and I had just booked into the Motet 6 and was about to go out to Applebees. I was looking forward to the ribs I ordered. They came in fine time but I had to knaw at the ribs. They were poor at best. Swiss Chalet are far better ribs. I ordered a desert and a few minutes later my bill was placed on my table. Yup. the desert was tabulated. Waited about 5 minutes then called the waitress and mentioned I got the bill with the desert on it but no desert. Her answer was that the desert is coming and she wanted me to have the bill so I would not have to wait. Well 20 minutes later still no desert.
    I gathered my bill, went to the till and after speaking to the girl there, had a conversation with the manager who wanted to give me the desert "to go". My answer was a definitive no. Just remove the desert from the bill, I will pay it and be on my way. I took this opportunity to complain about the ribs too. Also assured him, I would not be a repeat customer. I paid the bill, and really, that waitress did not do her job properly, so no tip.

Next day it is October 24 and I am off to Sacramento again. The rest of the drive to Sac was only 2 1/2 hours so I arrived there just before noon. Called my friend Reggie Ahlfield. It was noonish so he came home. He works a five minute ride from home. I got settled in and he went back to work We were gong to load his bike onto the truck as well and drive down to Atascadero on Friday the 26th after he got off work. That changed. Instead, we unloaded my bike and we rode. Spent a couple days before that catching up on stories and I have to admit, had a few amber pops.

In Atascadero, we met up with John who arrived there on bike from north east of Sacramento. John was the third party in this ride. John and I booked into another Motel 6 in Atascadero while Reg stayed with family there.

Saturday morning we are off from Atascadero on a crispy cool morning. Fortunately I had a warmer jacket to wear beneath my leathers, otherwise it was going to be down right nippy. My leathers are a summer suit and perforated so the wind just whistles through that jacket.

We traveled along through Bakersfield and on wherever it was that Reg lead us. I haven't a guddam clue where we were. I think I could have shouted out to brother Rob Simpson though. I think we down through Lucerne Valley, Yucca Valley and on across the border at Mexicali. This is where Reg was separated from us. There was construction on the US side of the crossing there and the usual road was closed. They let Reg through and waved us on. John and I got tied up in traffic and so Reg went on his way to San Phelipe. We caught up with him there. He was waiting in the dark just as we got into San Phelipe and pulled out in front of me and almost made me pee my suit the bugga. We stayed at some place in down town San Phelipe. I think it was called El Capitan. The ride from the border to San Phelipe was extremely boring. The road was as straight and flat as could be. The only interruptions was an army check point, looking for drug smugglers.

Attached Files:

Samuel and Gator like this.
  2. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Seems I can only add 10 photos to a post so here goes some more. This is all just cut and paste for the most part from my FB post. It is easier to post here first then copy and paste to FB though. Food for thought tomorrow.

Attached Files:

Samuel and Gator like this.
  3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Makin' me daydream about a good Michilada this morning, and I haven't even finished my coffee. It's after noon somewhere...

4. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I had a bad case of the shits last night just for posting up those morning concoctions that TC and Reg had in San Phelipe. I think I am going to hobble by the local Taco Bell and rip them a good one for imitating Mexican food fraudulently.

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map