Back tire wear on used bike - was it raced?

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by blackjack_mike, Feb 9, 2007.

1. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    unlikely your bike was actuarially raced. all bikes have to be safety wired small holes drilled through certain bolts and wired you would of noticed that. also plastic has to be changed to race plastic with belly pan. most bikes that race never go back on street.
    i really cant think of any one that would prep a newer vfr for track bike its to heavy to be competitive and wouldn't do to well against 600 in open class. previous owner probably took it to track day all you have to do is tape up the lights and go have some fun!

2. thisguy

thisguy New Member

I agree with some of the above posts. When you go to the track you can ride you bike much harder than anywhere on the street and that is what happens to a tire that gets used at the track then is ridden on the street. If it were raced only it wouldn't have the smooth flat spot in the middle, And it is pretty unlikely that a VFR was used as a race bike. Like someone else said, it would have to be safety wired and have after market case covers and a host of other mods. You can use a bike at a track day and it has no ill effects on a bike at all. If it feels hard to the touch right after you park then it could have been overheated from improper pressure at the track and I would replace it. You description of the color has me worried.