Anyone else talking RACING?! <--- of the motorcycle type

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by drewl, Jan 13, 2011.

1. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Didn't even seem possible, considering where they were at the start of the year....... Never give up.

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Probably should have used a spoiler alert....

Anyway, there's always the remaining races to solidify his place for this year.

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Heard that! Saw Rins board on one lap after his incident, NLYF (Never Lose Your Faith). Great racing today in all 3 classes.

4. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

That was the most wonderful dust cloud I had seen in a while........

5. highway star

highway star New Member

United States
    Map
  6. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    Just got home from riding, and watched the race. Unreal. When was the last time both of those guys DNF the same race?

7. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

That is a question for Dr. Martin Raines.....Google couldn't provide anything when I looked earlier.....I was wondering the same thing

8. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Moto 3 was a lot of fun. Bender still flying even though he is champ. Almost had a perfect race...... Except for the last 2 corners.
    I did not see how Rins qualified so poorly but that crash probably sealed it. He finished the race without a race screen.
    MM was his usual amazing elbow sliding self. At this rate he will pass Rossi in 6 years! Can't remember when both Yahamas tucked the fronts and binned it. Next year will be fun watching JL on a Duc and the old man and kid racing together.

9. OOTV

OOTV Insider

At one point I thought for sure Binder was free and clear of the group but then the gap closed up again. For split second it looked like he was going to catch Bastianini at the line but he just got edged out.

According to the post race interview with MM looks like he might go the win it, or bin it rides on the island and Valencia! I'd like to see this but based on what happened last year maybe he'll keep his distance from VR and he'll be over JL or whoever is up at the front?!

I was actually surprised about Rins but Kudos for riding it out even without any points. Probably good for his confidence to be able to finish. Sure did put a spark in Zarco though! Had his charge came a lap earlier I think he and Luthi would have been scraping out a little bit for the win. Something g Luthi admitted to be on his mind.

10. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Yeah Binder at the finish line........ Even the announcers did not know right away.

11. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Yep. Binder was 0.017 seconds behind Bastianini! Zarco came out at 0.386 behind Luthi. One more lap and these two would have been elbow to elbow!

I'm kinda bummed that VR went down as I would have loved to see if he and MM had the same pace to go against one another. Seemed that MM had a better pace in all the practices, it was only a couple of mistakes/distractions that appeared to keep him off pole position. How Rossi squeezed out that extra thousandth of a second I don't know but he did it. I was also hoping to see Dovi overtake JL and possibly see JL and MV go at it. That would have been cool, the old Yamaha rider against the new Yamaha rider! Seeing how the two were closing in on JL it did look inevitable. Add this to JL running on adrenaline his effort looked as if it was starting to wear out.

12. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    WSBK was on too. Chaz is on fire!! Rea just has to finish in the points of any race to be world champ again.

13. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Yeah watched those races too! The second race was almost going to be like the MM win for Rae. Not sure if he intentionally was slowing down to allow Hayden to close in on them but had Hayden passed Sykes he would have allowed 52 points spread for Rae, thus winning before the last two races. Hayden didn't do too bad, was better for him in race two as he was within reach of the two KRT riders near the end of the race. No one got near Chaz though!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to ride this weekend so I was so glad that both WSBK and MotoGP were happening. Cool too that the MotoGP race was in the evening for me instead of at 5AM like they are when held in Europe. Even got to watch the Moto3 and Moto2 races at a reasonable hour. :thumb:

14. OOTV

OOTV Insider

15. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I read that this morning. He's going to hate jumping on the WSBK turd after that. lol

16. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Heard that! Nothing against Nicky, I would have thought Honda would have let Crutchlow replace Dani like Ducati did with Barbera for Iannone. Crutchlow has been the top independent Honda rider and even won a race, I think he would do a lot better on a factory ride but maybe that's my wishful thinking. Either way, good luck to Nicky, maybe him being on a factory ride again will be a boost for him.

17. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I think they chose him because he has a large marketing appeal around the world. Cal definitely deserves before Nicky. I think we could get a glimpse of what a better team could do with Cal too. The best teams are for sure the top factory guys and this really is a team sport.

18. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Yeah, probably trying to get more mileage out of Nicky as he is doing so much better in WSBK than he did his last year in MotoGP, correction, last few years! As much as I would have liked to see Crutchlow on Dani's bike, I much prefer Nicky over Hiroshi. Nothing against Hiroshi either, I just think he never really makes an impression on the track. He'd ride circles around me I'm sure but rather it be Nicky this time around. I don't remember which race it was or who he replaced, but Honda did bring in Johnny Rae once.

19. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    That was Laguna Secca and Rea did well. I think it was the last time GP was there. Another thing why it was not Cal may be the Sponsor problems and how complicated it can get between the big ones like Monster and Red Bull. A friend pointed this out and it makes sense. A lot easier to get Nicky for a race than deal with all that crap.

20. OOTV

OOTV Insider

WHAT?! Karen Abraham is going back to MotoGP and ride for Aspar Ducati. Like earlier, I didn't see that coming!