Any VF riders In NH/MA/VT

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by MrJoelieC, Sep 8, 2006.

1. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Greetings,

Newer rider here with old-school VF700F...I hope to someday have a 5th or 6th Gen VFR in a few years... But Anyway...I'm here...

2. Timbercat

Timbercat New Member

Hi MrJoelieC,
    Not exactly a local rider but I am planning a 3 day trip from Ottawa to NH/MA/VT/NY with a buddy in Mid September. Still working on a routing but maybe we can hook up. Our trip will be mid week. just working on routes based on sportbikeroads.com
    Who knows?

3. keet

keet New Member

Map
    im in northern NH...near Franconia....whats up?

4. Timbercat

Timbercat New Member

I'll post dates/routes when we finalize our road trip.

5. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Hi MrJoelieC.
    I would be interested in finding riding partners in southern NH. I actuallly pass through Milford everyday on my way to work, or at least 101 to the bypass.
    Unfortunately, I re-aggrivated a herniated disk in my neck on an 11 flight back from a business trip a couple weeks ago and can't tolerate the pain of riding.
    Just picked up my '03 VFR 800 in Sep. and it is quite depressing to go into the garage and see that beutifull bike just sitting there.
    Any way, I'm probably on the self till spring, perhaps we could meet up then.
    dskelton

6. 92yellowveefer

92yellowveefer New Member

Map
    I'm a home grown NH boy myself - although I now reside on the south shore of MA - Hingham to be exact. But I do still find time to make a couple of annual Mt Washington Runs each year. And me and a buddy are planning a spring "saddle sore" up to Quebec, Montreal, and around - if anyone's interested.

7. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Oh....You Dog You picked up that bike from RJ's? I was drooling all over it every time I went there.....

Get healed up... I have 2 riding partners I ride with so far. One is on a Ninja 636 and the other picked up a Triumph Daytona 675... We enjoy the twisties out on 31/202/149/77/13 and many other roads...

I was really looking at the bike you bought mostly because of the Mountain Dew Logo... I have a computer I scratch built and did a custom theme with mountain dew... I just don't have the dough for a new bike yet...sigh...

8. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Yep, that's the one! It did not take me long to fall in love with it either. I must admit I'm not sure I'm all that fond of the stickers, but they do make the bike distinctive.

Thanks. It is a slow and painfull process, but I think it is progressing. On ocassion I can take the bike out for a quick ride when the pain killers are working. Probably not a bright idea for several reasons, but....

I also have a friend up in Mont Vernon with a Kawi 1100, and if I can ever convince him to put the carbs back on I'm sure he'd be willing to join in.
    Look forward meeting you next spring.
    Dean

9. NeverlosT

NeverlosT New Member

I just got an '07 viffer, when it gets above 40 and the roads arent too messy, I am up for a ride! Im down in Bristol, RI, but thats only about 50 minutes from Boston, 30 from Providence, and I need to break in the new machine!

10. 92yellowveefer

92yellowveefer New Member

Map
    An '07 - as in red white and blue? Come on - where are the pix? I'm up on the South Shore below Boston - I actually rode to work a couple of Friday's ago. Not happening this week though. I think I should probably start thinking about stabilizing the fuel and pulling the battery....
    Keep posting any rides you might be considering - perhaps we can get a Saturday poker run going sometime soon.
    Congrats on the new bike!

11. dskelton

dskelton New Member

An '07 RWB, I would like to check one out in person.
    I'm about an hour and a half west of Boston just north of the Mass border. If you folks are interested in planning a ride for early spring I'm up for it.
    Dean

12. powdermet

powdermet New Member

That '07 in the RWB does look sweet! I'm about 1/2 hour North of Boston. Usually head North or West on rides. MotoMarket in Acton, MA on Thursday nights is a great place to get a cup of coffee and check out other rides.

Cheers,
    Steve

13. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Thanks Steve,
    If there is no snow on the ground still when I get home (early March) I'll chekc it out. Other wise I will once the snow does melt.
    Dean

14. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    I just bought a '96 VFR and live in Northern VT, so I guess I count, huh?

15. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Hmmmm....

It's looking like a possible cool crew..... I'm not fully positive but I think I may have upgraded my ride..... I found a 02 Red VFR and I made an offer and the guy accepted it.... I'm a little shocked actually and I'm not sure how I will handle modern conveniences like linked brakes and Fuel Injection?

ye gads.... LOL

16. ajmadison

ajmadison New Member

Just realized, it doesn't exist until there are pictures. :wink: But my '04 6th Gen was delivered by the shipping company last Thursday, and I registered it on Friday. In the 5 minutes the road were dry and it wasn't raining I rode a whole 2 miles on it.

17. NeverlosT

NeverlosT New Member

There are way more of us in the Northeast than I thought! I hear a rally of some sort coming!
    Im sure we could meet in the birkshires or southern NH or something... I just want a crew to ride with!
    What to you folks think, the weathers gettin better....

18. ajmadison

ajmadison New Member

Nothing I'd love more than to listen to big group of growling Vee4's. I am so lovin' the sound of my VFR. I'm in.

19. dskelton

dskelton New Member

I'm up! What need we do to make it happen?

20. 9axle

9axle New Member

Map
    I am a new member here, and still trying to get my bike done, 84 VF750F, but I live in the foothills of the Bershires and will help with logistics even if I can't ride. There are tons of great roads, breweries and bed and breakfasts. don't forget Lime Rock is a little over an hour away, no Interstates either( track day?) e-mail if i can help.