Any one here from Kamloops or area....even Kelowna

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by vfrfly, Apr 11, 2015.

1. vernonpedro

vernonpedro New Member

Map
    Hi guys - I'm in Vernon. Just joined the forum a while ago with my '91 VFR. Collector plates just approved so will insure in March (Mexico for Feb.). Also ride a '13 WeeStrom, and the past included '04 FJR, '84 Nighthawk 750, '91 Nighthawk 750, Bonneville and in the dark ages a motley collection of cruisers (well, 2 of em) . Looking forward to having the VFR n the road. Would be happy to meet up for rides. Presently ride with a great group of 6 or 7 local sport-touring types too. Pedro

2. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Hello guys.
    I have not been on in a long time.
    Just popping in to say hi.
    Cheers

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Hey! We keep saying we are going to meet up for a ride. That hasn't happened....yet. We gotsta do something aboit that this summer for sure. If nothing else, I might just ride oit thrre for a cuppa Kamloops mud.

4. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Welcome aboard!

I have a lot of family in Kelowna/Penticton. I was hoping to visit them this summer on my motorcycle while doing a VFR meetup out by Nelson.

Unfortunately, something else came up and I had to cancel. I'm still doing the Black Hills this summer.

Be sure to post photos!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  5. Hannarexic

Hannarexic New Member

Canada
    Map
    im in Salmon Arm we should all meet up one day for ride that'd be awesome dont see to many vfr's on the road up here.

6. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Alright you guys. What's happening here. We gotta get our act together and meet someplace for a ride and beer night. Between, here in Chilliwack, Kamloops, Kelowna, Salmon Arm and just about everything in between, there are some great roads.

What does everyone think about a meet-up one or two nights and a day ride in between some place south central BC this coming summer?I am usually away for the second weekend in September so that is out, but weather is still pretty good there in mid September isn't it? Kids are in school. few campers and lodging should be easy.

7. Brandon82

Brandon82 New Member

Canada
    With two young kids at home with momma & working 50+ hour weeks it's tough for me to get away overnight but Saturday day rides usually aren't too bad & I generally try to loop through the Okanagan at least once during the riding season. I'd be interested in joining if even for a portion of the ride depending obviously on where & the timing.

8. BCAl

BCAl New Member

Canada
    Map
    I would be up for a ride as well.

9. killthecat

killthecat New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hello , haven't been on here for a while, kids, new house, life yada yada and so forth....Live just east of Kamloops.
    If anyone has any plans for a ride around the area let me know....

10. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I returned to work a few month ago and right now this is full time. Hopefully this will change to part time end of July but I will be likely be working Thrursday through Saturday every week so looks like a group ride with most of you for me will be out.

11. killthecat

killthecat New Member

Canada
    Map
    No worries Randy, shoot me a PM and we can meet up later this year....

12. CaribooBC

CaribooBC New Member

Canada
    Map
    Time to revive an old thread. How many of you still have a VFR? My wife got a nice birthday present in the form of a 1990 VFR 750 this past summer. 30,000 kms, showroom mint condition. Now we have two VFR’s in the stable. Hopefully, next summer will be better and we can get out to meet and do some rides. 164CF208-06B9-4ECE-B62E-51B97EEB2DA8.jpeg

13. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Too bad something has not developed here already. Seems hard to get a few BC VFR's together for an over nighter ride somewhere in the Okanagan, that being central to most. For me to do a day ride through that area would require two nights in some motel or the such. But I am up for that. We need to target for late spring, summer or early fall 2021 now.

14. CaribooBC

CaribooBC New Member

Canada
    Map
    I also have a few Ducati’s. We have a Ducati rally every year in Nelson (non-COVID years). We get 60-80 bikes showing up each year, it would be nice to have a similar gathering of VFR’s somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. Especially now that they are no longer available new. It would be good to hear from other VFR owners and compare what others have done to their bikes.

34468 Randy likes this.
  15. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Any new thoughts. Has been a few years since the last post. I bought a brand new 2021 Africa Twin in spring of 2022. But I still have the 6th gen VFR which I still ride. I actually prefer riding the VFR to the Twin. Eventually one will have to go. I won't get anything for the VFR due to extreme high milage so that is the one I am likely to keep.

Anyway, if someone wants to offer up a date and location for a ride or even a group ride, I will likely join in.

16. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    I did a week long solo ride a couple years back up thru Castlegar, Kaslo, Revelstoke, Kelowna. Kelowna is absolutely beautiful with great roads around it. Started a day trip loop up thru Kamloops but back tracked at about Monte Creek when I saw the biggest, blackest, angriest storm clouds that were gonna greet me at Kamloops. I ended up doing a loop up thru Blind Bay I think.

I really want to return. I think Kelowna might be the next 2-up trip for me and the wife. Stay there for a few days and do some day trips - night drinking.