Any New Jersey riders?

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by dino71, Apr 30, 2009.

1. DenT

DenT New Member

United States
    Map
    guess i missed the rides... i'll have to partake in the next one... if it stops raining at all this year

2. scottydont

scottydont New Member

Yeah, the GPS isn't so much to tell me where to go, just to make sure I'm never so lost I can't get home. :biggrin:

This coming weekend is out for me but I'd love to ride at some point during the upcoming holiday weekend. If anybody's making plans, keep me posted. :thumbsup:

3. pgafuture

pgafuture New Member

United States
    Looking to ride in NJ. I'm in Hunterdon county. Let's do this.

4. javsst

javsst New Member

Been a while since I've been on the forum. Sold the VFR last year, and now am riding an '03 HD VROD :)

Still planning on getting some people together to ride from Frenchtown over to PA, along the Delaware up to Route 46 and Hot Dog Johnny's. Most likely in the June/July timeframe. If anyone is interested, PM or email me.

Also, I'm going on a benefit ride on 5/21 to benefit the Salvation Army. Starting from Williams HD in Lebanon, NJ and going to Camp Tecumseh in Pittstown. It's only about 11 miles from the dealer, so I'm sure they'll be taking some back roads in Hunterdon county to get there. Check out the Williams HD site if your interested. (http://www.williamshd.com/)

It's mainly cruisers, but as far as I can tell, anyone is welcome. Pictures on the Salvation Army site from last year, show cruisers, a BWM, a VSTROM, Goldwing, Triumph, etc.

Steve

5. pgafuture

pgafuture New Member

United States
    I'm in for the Frenchtown trip, let me know. Thanks. I work right there.

6. dirtneilson

dirtneilson New Member

awake this thread! i live in burlington county! wheres the riders

7. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Here. Kind of. I've put less miles on my bike this year than any previous year. Just no time to ride, lately. You got something in mind?

8. dirtneilson

dirtneilson New Member

I have off this weekend. Willing to dedicate one day. I wanna ride out to LBI and got to chicken or the egg!

9. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    I'd be up for a ride this weekend, but I really don't want to go all the way to LBI, as good as Chicken or the Egg is. I could do a late afternoon ride maybe around lake Hopatcong with at stop at Davy's Dogs for a bite. Pliskin can you do a couple of hours one day this weekend?
    Bob

10. gtofield

gtofield New Member

I'm out this weekend, and next...but will keep following the thread. Meanwhile, loop around the lake sounds interesting--is it a follow-your-nose thing or this there a favored route?

11. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Nothing personal Dirt, but don't have the time for an LBI run. That's an 1.5 hours on the slab each way, and I really hate prolonged rides on the highway unless they lead to awesomeness.

I could do Lake Hopatcong for a touristy ride. Last official weekend of summer, its going to be busy and coppers everywhere. But if we end up at Davys Dogs, I'm in.

I'm hoping I will have a working computer - long story for another day. Rob - I'm gonna PM you my cell phone in case my computers are SOL. But otherwise, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Thinking Sunday???

12. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    Sunday sounds like a plan. Pliskin, I'll give you a call on your cell to set up a time and then post up here just in case anyone else wants to join in. I'm thinking late afternoon (4 or 5-ish) maybe an hour or so ride then a stop at Davy's for a coupla dogs

13. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    RB- I'm good. Just let me know what works best for you on Sunday - am or pm.

Anyone else? Quick jaunt. I'm sure it will be less than 2 hours if you're in the general area.

14. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    How does Sunday morning sound? Meet at the Dunkin Donuts on Rt. 46 next to the Budd Lake First Aid building at 10 AM. I'll map out a route that will take us up through Saxton Falls, past Lake Mohawk and around Lake Hopatcong - with some nice twisties leading to Davey's Dogs for lunch. We should be at Davey's a little before noon.

Anyone else in NJ want to join us? I figure it's worth it just to see if Pliskin really is green :evil:

Just in case anyone else would like to join us, the address on google for the Dunkin Donuts is 375 US Rt 46, Mount Olive, NJ.

15. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    RB- I'll call you in a bit. Don't hate me, but I have to bail. I was doing one of those epoxy floor kits in my garage yesterday, and threw the back out trying to lift the workbench by myself. I'm sorry, but there's no way I can get on a bike.

16. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    Pliskin, we could just duct tape you to the bike. No worries - I'll meet up with Gray and his friend and we'll have a dog for you too... Take it easy and get better so you can come out this fall and ride some!

17. tiki01

tiki01 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm over in Bergen County and look forward to someday riding with you all...after I get a lot more seat time. Hope you guys had a great ride today!

18. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    hey Tiki - we'll definitely do another ride before the fall is over. There are some great places to ride in north Jersey and some even better places to grab some food. Lots of good roads in Bergen county too - Skyline Drive over the mountains to Wanaque and Pompton Lakes and West Milford come to mind.

19. Grayv3

Grayv3 New Member

I hope the ride went well. I ended up having an argument with the wife about a purchase I spent on earlier in the week that messed up our weekly budget & blew the trip for me. My friend who was gonna go also had a hard time with his other half. I think it was a consperousy! Worst part is I've been itching to get up north & see some mountains that south jersey lacks. Hopefully next trip I'll get time out for good behavior :)

20. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    We've got plenty of hills big and small with plenty of twisties in north jersey. Maybe we can try to plan a ride for end of September/early October. Great time of year as long as the weather cooperates