Any chance of melting my license plate light from exhaust canisters?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Rhinoclemmys, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Rhinoclemmys

Rhinoclemmys New Member

When I bought my 07 VFR 800 it had a fender eliminator kit installed. I recently put hard cases on it which required me to remount the license plate and light (see attached photo)
    PC060002 - Copy.jpg

otherwise the case mounting hardware would have blocked my tag. . I didn't have the original fender so cut down the eliminator mounting plate for my tag (Made my own mounting plate). But this required me to mount the plate light right between the exhaust canisters. There is ~ 1.75 inches of space on each side of the plate. Do I need to worry about melting the light? Ant is so is there a way to make a "heat shield". I have some ideas but ideally only want to fix this once (once more). Thanks

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    welcome to the forum.

Wouldn't think twice about it there myself. Look how close the tail/turn light assembly is the exhaust - and above where heat rises.....

3. Rhinoclemmys

Rhinoclemmys New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I've take a few short trips without any problems but I tend to like to worry about things... I thought the same thing about the tail lights but the exhaust has heat shields around it in that location.