An Empty Deals Gap

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by park800, Nov 26, 2009.

1. park800

park800 New Member

Map
    My wife is so cool I can't believe it. When Mike called and suggested we hit the road for a quick trip to the Tail of The Dragon I thought I would be left behind for sure. Mike mapped out the some of the best roads in three states ending in Piegon Forge,Tennessee. We met up on Hwy. 76 after an early morning assault on 197 woke me up. With a great route, the trip to the Dragon was as much fun as being there!

When we arrived at the Dragon we found the store closed for the season. From the store we rode at a good pace with light traffic and most cars moving over quickly. At the over look we met a father and son on Blackbirds and an interesting fellow on a custom Yamaha. We all rode from the overlook back to the store and then over to the Foothills Parkway before parting ways with the fellow on the custom. After some good food and a short ride down the strip we said our goodbyes to our friends on the Blackbirds and relaxed.

Just after sunrise we made our way back across The Foothills Parkway heading for the Dragon. What we found was an empty stretch of road dry and unpatrolled that morning. When we ripped into the store it was my fastest ride on the Dragon thanks to the fact that we only saw about ten cars the whole length of the Dragon, all going the other direction. The Cherahola was next followed by a return to the best unknown road in N.Carolina! From Franklin we rolled back to Atlanta.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nice, love to read these types of stories, good to read some folks are still able to get out and enjoy, thanks for sharing.

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    She is a keeper to be sure, my wife is the same way but most are not.

4. matt1986vf500f

matt1986vf500f New Member

United States
    Map
    awesome!! when me and joey rode it man talk about traffic im glad you and mike had a great time!!

5. steven113

steven113 New Member

:thumbsup:I have been wanting to visit the dragon... however heavy trafic on the road has detered me. I am stoked to make a trip this time next year weather permiting in hopes to have the road to myself:thumbsup:

6. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Awesome I'm glad to hear you had a great time. A little too chilly for me though, this time of the year I'd rather play Team Fortress :D

7. monk69

monk69 New Member

Glad you had a great time.... I keep hearing about the traffic on the dragon, but have yet to see it.... I've been there twice June '08, May '09 and spent 4/5 days both times, and the last time I did 8 laps back and forth non stop.... But it was during the week days.... Maybe that helps...