America votes

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by NormK, Nov 8, 2016.

1. NormK

NormK New Member

Yes I see the UK finally paid off their war debt to America a few years back, funny how Japan was rebuilt with US dollars in war repatriation money and the UK got a bill. No wonder British bikes got wiped off the face of the earth and Jap bikes took over the world. Britain building bikes in bombed out factories with worn out old ex war machinery and Japan got new factories and machinery

2. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    In the mean time the threat of a nuclear exchange by a rogue nation is actually a very real threat to the human race. The planet was & will be here long after we are.

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    What is getting old is that so many Americans really believe the USA knocked back the tyranny of the second world war. These people need to get their expanded heads out of their asses and realize it was a combined effort of the Allied Forces made up mainly of Great Britain, Australia, India, Canada and many other smaller dedicated armies and underground resistance fighters, and including the Soviet Union.

Even though we had our independence form GB, Canada fought under their flag. Canada declared war on Germany on Sept 9, 1939, Italy June 10, 1940, Finland Hungary and Romania Dec 7 1941 and were in a state of war with Japan since the evening of Dec 7, 1941, the day before the attack on Pearl which finally brought the USA directly involved in the effort to fight back the reigns of tyranny.

The USA was indirectly involved in the European theater from the beginning indirectly, supplying GB through Canada. There is no doubt in my mind that it was the Americans final direct involvement in the war that made the allied forces successful. But to assume America won the war is absurd. If the USA were at war with these forces all by themselves, I believe your comments about speaking a different language would hold true as well.

I am greatly thankful for the USA's involvement, their suffering and loss of life. We all lost a lot of life in both those wars. But we are members of a substantial family. The USA is the big brother/

Thank you then, thank you now, and thanks for what may happen in the future. But making comments of grandeur without knowing the actual facts is plain wrong. Unless you are a politician or a lobbyist. They can be excused because they are so full of conceit and hot air, they cannot help it.

4. NormK

NormK New Member

Most of the world is thankful that America is in a position and level headed enough to help with worldwide stability and they are usually always called upon when flare up occur in those crappy countries where dictators still run riot, and then they get canned for interfering in another countries internal affairs, a lot based on religion, which has nothing to do with it, except for those pricks that pray 5 times a day with their arses in the air

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Spot on! We didn't even know you guys were aboot to get invaded by Germany until 12/7/1941. I blame it on bad internet connections mostly.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Japan got nuked and Europe got Lend-Lease. Both Germany and Japan surrendered to the US. The dudes with their asses in the air in those days had gone back to the stone age for the most part.

Japan had technology building bikes supplied by Harley-Davidson in the 1920s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rikuo_Motorcycle

Not to worry. Trump is making plans to invade Canada and the whole thing will be on the Trump pay/view channel.

7. Badbilly

United States
    It's time for a change IMO. By the end of 2017, Great Leader will have gathered together all the States and Provinces into on big happy conglomerate known as "Trumpworld" Or we will just nuke your asses. Do not fuck with The Donald.

8. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    I know the facts. It was a combined effort, you're right. Look at the number of planes, ships, and other materiel the US produced just in record time. Britain was millimeters from going down and would have, and we lost a half million people in that heinous war. As far as Japanese commerce after the war, they capitulated and it paid off for them after a quick restoration. Germany didn't and they received hell from the restoration forces into the '50's and they should have. This is a go nowhere conversation at this point. The US needs to lay down the law on the UN and I hope Trump holds to his promise to fix that dysfunctional corrupt bunch of weinies. I doubt if it's possible. Some countries need to be hung out to dry.

9. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Jimmie Pattison form President of the United Flakes of North America.

Trump would not even consider trying to take over Canada because Justin Trudeau will just tell him off. He would. Really. Then offer him a hug!

I hope Trump turns out to be far better than his rhetoric displayed during the election campaign. Both were a disgrace to the people they are supposed to represent. There was so little shown on the news broadcasts on the real issues the American people are in need of dealing with. Then again, it may be the media's selective reporting. I don't know.

Isn't it odd that the media, the people who scream and holler the loudest about the public's right to know, are the very ones who decide what the public does learn through the media. The media is right up there in my books as the Insurance companies.

10. Badbilly

United States
    Hugging The Donald would not only be disgusting but most folks would be worried where his hand went next.

The Donald does represent those people. They are the same folks who believe the Beiber and Kanye West are real. I know they are CGI images being sent to us through the media.

I have always been a fan of revisionist history and politics. Both let ya make up shit as ya go along.

11. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    There you go again.

Battle of Britain/Period
    July 10, 1940 – October 31, 1940

So the allies, without the US, won air superiority over Britain before the US entered the war.

Mainland Britain was never invaded, so tell me more about those millimetres.

12. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    By percentage of population the Uk lost three times as many.

13. Badbilly

United States
    So many of the Merchant Marine convoys shipping materials were being sunk in the North Atlantic by Uboats, air transport was initiated flying whole aircraft across the Atlantic from Nova Scotia to GB prior to the US entering the war. This movement was spearheaded by Lord Halifax (??) Many instances of the same caliber in WWI. Mainland Britain was never invaded by ground troops the Luftwaffe was bombing the shit out of London in that time frame.

Next we will hear from The Donald with his version of how he won the war, discovered The Beatles and wipes with both hands.

14. Badbilly

United States
  15. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Next, how the yanks single handedly won the Crusades...........

16. NormK

NormK New Member

Don't start me on the bloody crusades, all the problems we are mow having with muslims is a direct result of that stinking crook Prince John. Richard had gone off to fight the crusades to get rid of the muslims once and for all. Because Prince John was causing so much trouble and giving Robin and Friar Tuck a hard time Richard had to return to England. In the middle east Richard had the muslims all rounded up and was preparing to get rid of them but it wasn't easy to get rid of thousands of them when the machine gun hadn't been invented. He had to let them go and now we all suffer from that decision. Well done Prince John

17. Badbilly

United States
    I'm glad we could help.

18. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Fuck Yah! Religion and politics!

19. Badbilly

United States
    There is a new "Robin Hood" that will be playing in theatres near everyone with The Donald playing Robin, King Richard and Prince John. One of the Trump chicas will be playing Maid Marian. Probably the one with the biggest tits.

20. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

That was a stroke of luck, and one of Hitlers greatest miscalculations during the war.

Churchill came to the US requesting aid and material support proclaiming that Britain would not survive without assistance from the US. I'm also fairly certain that Britain would have starved to death without the Atlantic convoys. Britain required about a million tons of imported material a week to sustain itself during the war and they didn't truck that shit down from Leicester City......in light of this, the Battle of Britain was an epic victory over an overwhelming force and the intelligence provided by Bletchley Park following the breaking of the Enigma Code (Alan Turing - Britain) was critical to the allied victory. The creation and implementation of radar was something else that should not be downplayed.

Let's just say it was an amazing coalition of countries that came together to defeat the Nazi's and that every involved country played an important part during one of the worst times in world history. With 20/20 hindsight, maybe Patton was right....