America votes

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by NormK, Nov 8, 2016.

1. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Well, if we could get the public to boycott every one of their movies, songs, etc that would be a start and hit them in their pocket book and egos. I hope the press holds every one of these deplorables accountable and dogs them until they fess up and apologize and eat crow or tell them to get the f**ck out of this country and don't let the door hit them on their asses on their way out!! Hannity on Fox News says he would pay to charter a plane (fancy one in the way they are accustomed to travelling) to fly them outta here, but a one-way flight only. The funniest thing is this little Ho crying. Grow up you little tramp. This is 'Murica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm9NHwVXb6k

2. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    He is going to encourage California to go ahead and secede, so it's a moot point. Just think how much that would lower the cost of Federal Govt.

3. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Don't disagree but politics has always been nasty. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The "news media" deserves plenty of blame for feeding the irrational, unrealistic, biased thinking. They just plain suck as sub-human beings.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Most of them said they would be moving to Canada. This makes me wonder if the Canadian show biz folks are part of the supposed exodus?

Here is one Hollywood type that probably won't pass the Canadian conditions for immigration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Co3A3fLBo

...and BTW, Captain Kirk will not need any airplane.

5. Badbilly

United States
    I wonder if a couple of our "members" will be part of the victory parade being tossed by David Duke and his kru.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Al Jazeera

President Trump stated today from the Gold House in New York City that as of today, Harley-Davidson will become the National Motorcycle and all imports will be embargoed. Those still in the US will be crushed and melted down to be used in a planned 300ft statue of the President that will replace The Statue of Liberty or a planned removal of the face of Theodore Roosevelt from Mount Rushmore to be replaced by the face of the President. It is rumored that the new likeness will be chrome plated. This according to Barron Trump special assistant to the Prez in charge of what ever he wants. When questioned by reporters as to which effigy will likely be his choice, young Trump responded with "Whatever dudes."

7. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry, that is so the wrong bird - it could be either an albatross or a dodo. Ill let you figure out why - lol

8. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I can offer an observation as someone who has actively participated in the political system for 10 years now. By actively participating, I do not mean yelling at the TV and then voting on election day.

What I have seen is that most people do not participate early enough to have any impact. Your neighbors who participate a year or more ahead of the actual election are the "party base", the ones on the "far" left or right. The system is open for everyone but only those with politics as their hobby or with some axe to grind actually play early enough. There are not enough regular Joe's showing up early enough saying "I believe in compromise and finding common ground."

At the election of your neighbors to send representatives to congressional district assembly and the state convention, the people who pick who you'll be voting for on the ballot, they say, "send me to pick the candidates because I believe in blah-blah-far left/right ideal and I will never compromise". So you get candidates who believe in some far from center ideals and look nothing like middle America. So if you don't like the candidates and believe that congress is broken because they fight about ideals instead of identifying common ground, it's because you and people like you do not participate in the political process.

I also recommend a book called The Political Brain. It highlights the role of emotion in politics and references recent elections many here will remember with examples outlining how emotion trumps policy and systems. It's available on audio if you're a dumb knuckle dragger like me.

9. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Isn't this always the case? As one who has been involved at the caucus level (and live to tell the tail) I will say that the ONLY people to show up are the ones with a serious ax to grind. It is the nature of the system. You may make an impact on the local level but that impact will be greatly diluted as the snowball rolls down hill to the national and even state wide election. Most people do not realize that their best hope for positive change comes at the local level.

10. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Local makes the greatest impact on one's quality of life.

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    My Son was telling me Trump has a court date for raping a 16 year old 22 years ago---- wouldn't doubt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Do you suppose this helps with constructive political discourse or would it be better to do a little research before spreading rumor?

Come on man, I know you can do better than that.

13. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Can't believe what you read on a smart phone. ;) But sheesh, what gets me, doing a bit of research, things is I'm not sure just how true it is, does sound possible where folks are being hired via Craigslist to do the protesting along the lines of Soros and company. http://www.snopes.com/craigslist-ad-trump-rally/
    IDK, but since DT is self controlled, no puppet strings here. it may be another way to get things riled up, of coarse the media is having a hay day with it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  14. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    You're probably right but this is coming from a 22-year-old that lives on the Internet

15. Badbilly

United States
    "A 16 year old" is kind of vague. Was it a girl a guy, or a pineapple?

16. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Oh------news flash-she has dropped the lawsuit because of death threats
    Lord have mercy on our poor souls

17. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map
    The Snopes page linked is sadly out of date, being from mid-March.
    Since then it has pretty much been proven that the DNC had an active system for inserting disruption into Trump rally events.

Is the current wave of not-so-peaceful protests spontaneous or fostered? The jury is still out.
    I saw a "Change.org" petition to the members of the Electoral College, hoping to install Ms. Clinton in favor of Mr. Trump.
    The signators are many, with plenty of "famous" names pushed to the front page.
    Those misguided people had better be careful what they are promoting, which amounts to no less than a coup.

The feverish emotional response to an unexpected event can be dangerous to us all. IF the EC voters actually did what is proposed by the unthinking, illogical political pawns, there would be a crisis in this country like has not been seen in 150 years. THAT would indeed make me very afraid.

18. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Whew, now that's to unreal to think it's even possible. What gets me of late to some what no surprise, is what to believe when looking for clear concise answers, the inter net is all F'd up where trust is being broken left and right. Making a educated decision is getting harder to come by, now it ends up leaning towards your gut feelings. it's all fubared unless you are personally involved and even at that one could be duped.. IDK but it's getting weird out there.

19. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
  20. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map