Altering Leathers - Barnacle Bill

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by WhiteKnight, Oct 24, 2010.

1. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Just wanted to post a kudos and a tremendous thanks to Barnacle Bill, http://www.racingleather.com

I spoke with Bill via e-mail about three weeks ago to see how much to take in my Teknic Chicane leather pants, size 30, cause I don't have enough butt to fill them out. Well, we arranged to meet today, which was the first opportunity I had to go to Springfield KY, which is nearly 2 hrs from my house. Not a long trip by any means. Anyway, I met Bill a little after 1 PM at his shop. I must say he was very personable and likable from the start. Bill had me put my leathers on and proceeded to mark them for altering. Some sewing and cutting ensued and not quite an hour later, we were done. My pants fit way better now than they did before. Bill charged me a reasonable fee for doing this, again, a plus. Bill not only alters, but he custom makes suits as well as cleans them. IMO, he makes pretty stout suits. He showed me one he made in the spring, said the guy had crashed 3 times. The 3rd crash involved him being underneath a competitors machine. Suit was extremely damaged, but Bill said the owner was not injured in anyway. So, if you are going to race or do track days and want a suit or have need to yours altered, give Bill a shout. Check out his web site. IIRC, Bill has quite a good rep among the racing community as well. :thumbsup:

2. Mark 024

Mark 024 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Does he have an Aussie Franchise?