Almost SOWed my bike on Cherohala Skyway!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Aimbot9000, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Aimbot9000

Aimbot9000 New Member

United States
    Map
    It was in the return trip from tellico plains and all i can say is Cherohala Skyway at night... NEVER AGAIN! spent 30 miles driving in clouds thicker then any fog ive ever been in.

The close call happend as i tried to pull into an overlook to look at a map and get my bearings. Before i knew it i was wrestling with Kelly trying to keep her up with my right leg and arm. She got low enough for tilt switch to kill the motor, after that i was able to dismount and get her vertical (but not without calling her a fat lazy bitch first).

The rest of the day was quite nice, did some laps of the dragon my best run had an avarage speed of 37.9MPH. Found a road that had some nice switchbacks that ended at a boat ramp. That was a blast put my PP3's to work.

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Close one but my wife would of kicked me in the balls if I called her a fat lazy bitch...
    :cool:

3. Aimbot9000

Aimbot9000 New Member

United States
    Map
    She threatend to not restart and leave me stranded miles from anywhere. I'd take the kick over the walk back to the gas station in my riding boots.

After i said sorry and turned her off oand on we made the 3h trip home drama free

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Glad you two are kiss and make up :pound:
    And home Safe :thumb:

5. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I did the fog thing years ago while riding with a group in Colorado. We rounded a mountain and hit fog so thick you could not see more than 15 feet in front of you. I was never so scared as I was on that ride. I slowed down so much a buddy passed me and I watched as his tail light just went around me and winked out as it passed. He just vanished. I had to keep moving but at any moment I could have crashed into someone stopping. It was the worst.

6. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    don't know if you had sliders, but if you did just let it drop and pick it back up, if its just some easy place to fall, you could actually hurt your back trying to save it and once you tripped the kill switch-that is no big deal on a vfr-it will reset just by turning the key a few times. I did save my plastic by using my boot as a slider, but did not ride again till I installed the R+G sliders which are excellent. Not too good idea to ride when you can't see. Better to just stop, but of course you know that now.

7. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    IMGP0357.jpg Pic taking today after six drops only very minor marks on the fairing-other wise in perfect shape, I know how to drop a bike without any damage at all.:spider::kaboom::ranger::frog: and I just ride 20+ miles today-Helibars here I come-I figured out this is a major reason why I fall down-rubber hands due to wrist pain.

8. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    Yep. it's the handlebars fault that you can't hold yourself in place with your hips and your core, instead of leaning on your hands. better just install a bicycle handlebar, with a little bell and a horn.

9. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    that's totally why you're 2 inches too short to hold your goddamn bike up , and not drop it. good plan.

10. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    fuk off don't like my comments too bad

11. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm just making sure you know you're wasting money.

lower your bike, and stop the excuses.

12. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    :chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::chaingun:
    shots fired bro.