Aftermarket Front Rotors

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by TheSkeeter, Apr 11, 2012.

1. TheSkeeter

TheSkeeter New Member

Map
    So, I needed a new front left rotor and went ahead and got both left and right. I got these off ebay for $200 shipped. Seem good thus far. The one thing that I would caution anyone looking at these or ones like them off ebay is be sure to ask the seller if they'll work with ABS. The seller stated they'd fit 99-09, so I figured (turns out incorrectly) that one of the rotors had the 3 holes in it for the ABS disc the sensor rides next to, b/c if you don't have ABS, having the 3 holes drilled in for ABS isn't going to make a difference.

Neither had the 3 holes in it. They came from China of course, so instead of making this a 2 month long process to change rotors, I bolted the old rotor up to one of the new ones, drilled the 3 holes myself and tapped them, and viola! Works like and champ. Easy to do if you've drilled and tapped holes before. But a mild inconvenience since it wasn't a direct fit for the 800A. But whatever. I'm curious to see how these hold up over time.

Attached Files:

2. digitallyhip

digitallyhip New Member

Canada
    Well, at least they're pretty!

3. TheSkeeter

TheSkeeter New Member

Map
    Thanks. I'm hoping they don't turn out to be super models - pretty, and pretty useless :biggrin:

4. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    I believe when I bought my ride, it came with the same rotors as you have there. I can tell you they work just fine. Stop great, haven't warped, run nice and silent and they have been on the bike for at least a year.

Jose