A Short Trip But Good

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Big_Jim59, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    After doing a little maintenance on the VFR and having some time. I rode to Sherman to have lunch with my dad and then I dropped in to see my mom. I took the long way home through Ida, Whitewright and Bailey. The temperature was in the 70s and it was perfect with just a little wind. I clocked about 100 miles round trip. I stopped to take this picture of the VFR with a Longhorn.

longhorn.jpg

Between Bailey and Wolfe City there was a herd of buffalo grazing just off the road. I didn't stop for that photo op. It was a good ride.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    That's a horny bull.

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nice, something about just getting out no stress just a bit of a to do list and the wind in your face.. yep you're in Texas Id say.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I would love to be able to jump on the bike and go for a visit with mom & dad. Keep that up...often.

5. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    So I walked into my mom's Assisted Living center and I walked to the dinning area to check and see if she is still at lunch. (She was not.) As I walked by a table this old man asked me "what kind of uniform is that?" I had on my Olympia two piece riding suite with my newly acquired High-Vis yellow jacked. I asked "uniform?" He said "you must work for the highway department."

My dad is in skilled nursing care and my mom lives, just next door, in an assisted living place. I am glad I still have them both and I try to get there at least twice a week. Yesterday I had lunch with my dad and then dropped in to see mom.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Yup, hugs every day brotha....Dad, Sister gone...Mom's got Alzheimer's. ...so ya your lucky to still be able ta love on them.....