2nd annual North Cali summer excursion 08

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by reg71, Nov 26, 2007.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey R.W. I was thinking we should start making plans for 08 now so we can have it all set up by that time. What kind of dates are you thinking? Around July-ish. Anyway, as you know I have been talking about a central coast gathering open to all with routes from North SLO county day trips then regrouping back at my place for beer and BBQ and BS ( <-- always free of charge) for a couple days. I was thinking of maybe incorporating both into one vacation for me so maybe you could come down here, do the rides with us here, then those of us up for N Cal, ride up and do a couple-three days there like we did last time. Then, hopefully, I have enough time to go all the way to WA this time. Of course we could have people coming and going as their schedules allow, but if we get it planned enough in advance and don't waver this time, then they can arrange it if they really want to jump in.

Oh while I'm on the subject of N Cal, did you see this pic of you and Ben on the cliff where we rested?

[​IMG]

It's crazy how close the water looks even though it was so far down there. We gonna stop at the strip club again next year? I may go ahead and get the lap dance next time! ;) She was pretty cute...

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    I am new to the VFR community, but would be interested in joining in. I live in Susanville, Ca NE of you guys. Sounds like it would be worth the trip over though.

3. Digitaleejit

Digitaleejit New Member

I'm in Fresno. The place that's so close to everywhere you'd rather be.

4. JRotten

JRotten New Member

What river is that? Is that the Trinity River?

Being originally from Oregon and living half of my life NorCal, I might just venture out there for next year. What time of the year are you planning this anyways?

5. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Northern California was such an awesome trip I'm thinking that in 2008 has a lot to live up to, I still often think about those twistys in NorCal and will diffently make it an annual trip. As far as the strip club goes I think it should be an annual event, that was the first time in 20 years that I had a strange crotch/ass/G-String in my face so I'll be a little better prepared next time :lol:

6. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

June is pretty booked, but I'd definitely be down for something in July.

Of course whatever my schedule is, I live here so I'm in for any local happenings.

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    we had a good time this year. I am sure next year will be cool also. even better if I can keep from sliding out!

I dont think you are too far from me. I live in Atascadero. I have been to Fresno once or twice (passing through anyway).

what about the toy run this weekend?? I'll probably go. give me a yell... I'm thinking we should go ahead and block off some july time right now so we can all start planning for it for next year and let everyone work it out who wants to go. If no one speaks up soon, I'm just gonna pick some days and say those are the ones we want... I'm pretty flexible, though, so I was kinda waiting to see if someone needed a certain week or whatever... RW?

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    This is definitely a must do, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure. No kids getting married this coming summer, so shouldn't be a problem, plus I'm going whether or not anyone else does or not. whats that saying? California here I come.
    Ps; Reg. hell yes you need to get your arse up here too.

9. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully make it this time.

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    well, I was thinking of two different possibilities as far as me coming to WA. I could blast up the 5 in a couple days and hand with you guys for a couple days, head back down the 5 and repeat the n. cal ride, head down to my place and start the beer and bbq then collapse after it was all over, or reverse the order and come up to WA at the tail end when you guys head back. I'm thinking I'll just block off 2 weeks on the schedule to use up riding...

11. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    July works for me, if it makes any difference.

12. Taz

Taz New Member

As long as it doesn't interfere with my SuperMoto or Road racing series I'm in,
    But with SBK & WSBK in June & 2 weekends racing, June is out of the question for me (you should ride here for the SBK/WSBK weekend !?!?) .

13. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    I would love to do this...just depends what is going on around that time. Hey, I don't usually plan more than 2 weeks out, and that is pushing it!

14. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    I would love to come ride with you guys, but being from Ohio its a bit tough. Still I'm nuts enuff to dig into it. I would -- 1. Ship my bike out there to one of your fine places or, 2. Find a bike to rent.

Last time I rented from Cruise America and they gave us a great deal - dont remember exactly but something like $699 for a week with one week free thrown in. (They went defunked in the bike rental biz)

MD

15. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    This sounds like a freakin' good time. If the wife releases me from "honey do's" I can probably make it to the NorCal portion of the trip. Keep us posted! :ballchain:

16. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg., I'm O.K. with either July or August for NorCal, as far as your Washington trip goes, I hope you would come straight to Washington, I already have a great ride set up for Washington & Oregon that would get us back to the Northern California ride that would start in Yreka...

P.S. I can't tell you how trilled I am that they found your suspension parts in Minneapolis :tsk:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  17. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    What a hoot this would be if only half showed up that showed interest. be hard to image all of you all on the same road at the same time ;)

18. PorscheBob

PorscheBob New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm all for it. July sounds good. I live in the SF bay area.

Any chance of getting a lap dance while going through the twisties?

19. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee New Member

Map
    Reggie, hope all is well:wave:. I was checking out your '08 plan, we are taking a trip to Canada the last 2 weeks of June. Then in September we are in Lake Tahoe for 10 days. Since you are planning so far in advance I may be able to join you guys, since I live so close. Greg

20. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'd be glad to keep your bike in my brand new garage if you decide to go that route. there is also the rental possibility. I think we have several options available, but it wouldn't be the same as riding your own bike, though. I could even ride your bike for you until you got here so it didn't get lonely or anything. ;)