2007 VFR800 FOR SALE - Nicely modded

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by exfirestorm, Feb 20, 2008.

1. exfirestorm

exfirestorm New Member

Australia
    Map
    Okay, I am posting this here because most of you know that there is something wrong with me when it comes to bikes. I am a committed husband to my wife, but when it comes to bikes I get bored with them easily. Usually after I have spent way too much money on mods and accessories. This time it is no exception. I am selling a 2007 VFR800 which has 7800km on the odometer and which is about 6months old. I bought it as a runout special so I paid $15000 on road for the bike which is a considerable saving on what they are normally (I think about 18 grand).

I am selling my bike for $14500 however the bike owes me $20000 when you include the $5195 I have spent on mods in the last six months.

Here they are
    Motad big bore catalytic converter-less header system $945
    Laser deeptone quad mufflers $1800
    Power commander $435
    Dynojet o2 eliminators (Compulsory for PC install) $30
    Zero Gravity tinted double bubble screen $100
    Throttlemeister throttle lock heavy version $215
    Ventura Rack $165

Suspension mods by Terry Hay Shock Treatment which incude:

front:

1kg/mm racetech fork springs
    Racetech Gold Rebound AND Compression valve
    Back:
    Eibach 17.8kg/mm Shock spring
    Revalve by Terry Hay
    Installation of a Rebound Seperation Valve
    6mm spacer under shock top mount increasing ride height at rear $1500

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a bike for someone that wants something unique...something that handles like a dream and is comfortable...pumps out 107hp at the back wheel and most of all is an absolute bargain.

This is a not negotiable price and I have reported truthfully on all elements of this bike and have receipts for everything....the bike is like brand new, only been subjected to a level of improvement that you generally only get on a bike that someone resolves to keep for years....

so why am I selling the bike?

Good question. I initially sold my rather nicely modded SV1000S to get an R1, but around this time my right thumb which I injured back in 2004 started causing me a lot of grief on longer rides so I decided to forgo my life long dream of owning an R1 and get something practical and comfortable... and so I got the vfr800. I initially decided to not do anything to this bike and just ride the thing but after a couple of weeks of getting heckled by my sports bike riding friends about riding a 'commuter' as they called it began to irk me... so I decided to improve its sound, performance handling and looks and I have to say that I believe I have been totally successful. People pull up next to me at lights and compliment me on my bike, the way it sounds (Small block v8) and the way it looks.

A couple of weeks ago I got my right thumb surgically corrected (I had a thing called 'skiers thumb' which is a torn ulner collateral ligament of the MCP joint of the hand. Because the injury was so old they had to reconstruct by taking a tendon out of my wrist (Palmaris longis tendon - which interestingly is a redundant tendon in the wrist that only about 15% have) and graft it into my mcp joint .

I am still in a cast and cant ride at the moment and wont be back to normal riding self for about another 4 months but when I do I will no longer have the pain and inflammation from my thumb joint while riding caused by my unstable joint.

Then I will be off to buy an R1.

A lot of people will look at the asking price of this bike and say "But that is not that much cheaper than a new one when it is on runout. Some people do not put any value on modifications. This bike is not for those people.

This bike is for the discerning biker who will ordinarily go out and buy a bike and then install an exhaust, install a power commander, get a custom map... get the suspension sorted, install a screen, rack etc etc. The beauty here is that the VFR800 is not a commonly modded bike so it has an originality about it.

This bike has brand new tyres on it (Yes new...not used)
    It has had its oil and filter changed 4 times already in its short life and has just had a fresh dose of motul 5100 in it for the 1st time in its life (Ran the bike in on motul 1000 mineral)

The sale is not negotiable sorry, I do really want to sell though as the bike is sitting unused at the moment.

2. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

What is a runout special? Sweet looking machine I must say.
    I have an 06 I ordered new from the dealer and I only paid $9400 for it. I have about 4 Grand in mods and stuff in it too. Sorry to hear you paid so much for yours. They Ran you out for sure. Good luck

3. winaje

winaje New Member

Danimal, the bike is in Australia, so it's a pretty good price actually.

Exfirestorm, maybe you could add that to the post too...

4. alexi

alexi New Member

hey exfirestorm i noticed that the rack mount sits on the grab rails. is that stock and if so can you get that for a gen5. nice mods, where abouts is Terry Hay. cheers

5. chesthing

chesthing New Member

Just a couple comments, exfirestorm. Firstly, never pay attention to comments from others on your bike choice. Secondly, why not wait until you get the cast off to see if your thumb can really take the hand pressure of riding an R1 BEFORE bailing on your sizeable investment?

6. alexi

alexi New Member

I would have to second that comment. Your bike looks awesome, and from the sound of it rides awesome. v cool

7. NeverlosT

NeverlosT New Member

man, i feel bad for you southern hemisphere folks, thats a lot of green! Although I bet you get paid more to offset it.

It is a sweet bike though, good work on the mods, I am sure someone will pick it up, and good work on the R1!!! (although I would keep the VFR and get an R1 once it is paid off!)

8. Bronzey

Bronzey New Member

Map
    NeverlosT, as Winaje was saying, its Australian green, not US. So Exfirestorm's $14,900 is about $US11K at today's ex' rate - roughly.
    Have to agree though, she looks pretty good. I'm in the market for one too, although sadly my budget will not extend to Winaje's lovely bit of kit. I'm more your '98/99 model buyer. My avatar gives you the idea.

9. Bronzey

Bronzey New Member

Map
    'course, I meant Exfirestorm's bit of kit, not Winaje's. Sorry, I'm new raound here.

10. Harbournet

Harbournet New Member

Map
    Would you consider selling any of the extra bits seperately? I'm also in Sydney. I'm in the market for some of the mods you have listed.

11. daveyto

daveyto New Member

Hello,

I hear you on the pricing. CANADA IS THE SAME U get inflated pricing compared to the US.

I hope you get what youre looking for in price but you would have a much easier time if you removed the mods and sold the bike stock. You would probably sell it faster as well.

12. exfirestorm

exfirestorm New Member

Australia
    Map
    12 year update. I never sold the bike. I still have it and ride it everyday and it is still going strong. I have an Ohlins shock on it now, but the bike is still going strong and I am glad i never sold it. I can post some recent photos if anyone is interested. I have had 2 kids and bought and sold 2 houses in the last 12 years but still have the same bike which I will keep forever.....totally delusional I am
    regards
    exfirestorm

Lucky Luke and Diving Pete like this.
  13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    That is one of the oldest thread revivals I have seen. lol
    How many miles, or rather Klicks on her now?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  14. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Has arthritis set in yet ya old cuss?