2004 vfr800 track day??

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Maccaj81, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Maccaj81

Maccaj81 New Member

hey guys I'm a new member and just recently bought myself a 2004 vfr800, i have a new set of delkovic pipes on order and going to remove the rear fender but thats bout it so far, i love the bike and am super keen to do a track day, just wondering peoples thoughts on this, if the vfr800 will be ok on the track? and any other basic changes i should make before i do so?
    I'm thinking about removing the centre stand to reduce the weight a bit as i never use it?

2. carlgustav

carlgustav New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi,

I've 'tracked' my '07 VFR, at Barber Motorsports near B'ham, AL (US). The track is very technical, elevation changes, blind corners, etc. She did fine, but (& I emphasize), I had upgraded my suspension before hand. Penske shock on the rear, stiffer Racetech springs up front. Dunlop Q2s were used. I ran her in the Novice group (I normally run intermediate) b/c she's my 'do everything' baby & I didn't want that 'urge' to over-do it. She could hang with the best, though being heavy & under-powered, she was a bit lacking on the straights. Also, my baby kept showing her F1 light 1/2 way thru each session, and her temps rose over 240 at times. These girls are not track whores, but by all means, go out & have fun. Yes, remove your center stand, the org. I ride with required it anyway.

ACE