1986 VFR 700F Interceptor Carb Rebuild, Cleaning, Parts----whose got, and who does what....????

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by ElectricRider, Jan 25, 2013.

1. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    I'm hearing complaints about BC taking 6 weeks when he promised 3 weeks turnaround, and he never answers his phone, and he won't help with problems.

My schedule is clear, and i can complete work in just 2 weeks.

Best to call me @ 716 836-0154 anytime.

2. hopit88

hopit88 New Member

United States
    Please keep your second hand knowledge of other peoples business practices to yourself. Blowing your own horn should be enough to get new business not putting down others without first hand experience.

3. Pie

Pie New Member

photo.jpg
    Hey guys, So the brass piece outlined here in the picture seems to have a lot of crud in it. How would I go about removing it to clean?

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map

A member named Mike was recently PMing me about poor BC service and asking my suggestions about fixing his bike is why i replied. Just trying to see to it that our members who need service done according to schedule are not overly disturbed by delays.

5. Pie

Pie New Member

That's neat. Perhaps it would still be a better use of your time if you were to contribute to the thread. I posted a valid question that I haven't quite seen answered in any other topic about carb cleaning and refurbishing.
    Maybe you can use your knowledgeable experience on this matter in clearing this up for myself and everyone on this thread?