ZG DB fit issue?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Terminex, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Terminex

Terminex New Member

Hi All. I just received my Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen today for my 6th gen VFR. I am wondering if the fit is correct? I ask this because the screen seems a touch narrower than the stock at 2 of the mounting points. does anyone else with a ZG DB have this issue?

When facing the bike from the front there are 2 slots at the very front bottom of the windscreen, and then 2 more slots about 5 inches up. it is this second set of slots that I had to use some force to "spread the windscreen wide enough for the hooks to go in those slots on the bike. When installed the windscreen is now several millimeters away from each side of the "fairing groove". the factory was flush on both sides when mounted.

Thanks!

2. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

that is correct.
    that is how it fits, it flows air better then stock but the fit kinda sucks.
    will go with a puig next time.

3. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    I would have to agree. The fit is not as good as stock, but I like the air flow better.

MD

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I had the same kind of deal on the 5g version. I didn't like it and went back to stock or the Givi for trips. The Givi fit is better but not a pretty screen IMO.