zero gravity

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by vfr-xander, Jun 9, 2003.

1. vfr-xander

vfr-xander Guest

i finally saw a double bubble for the '03 vfr and it looks pretty cool. my question: has anyone seen a sport touring shield from zero gravity and more importantly, has anyone ridden with one?

i have recently installed the heli bars and am a pretty tall guy. curious for info. thanks.

2. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

3. waldrm

waldrm New Member

If you are tall and spend much time riding over the 70MPH limit on most interstates, the Givi touring screen will work better. I have had the Givi D200S on my '98 but prefer the looks of the ZG double bubble. My bike is primarily a commuter so no real issues with buffeting. If the wind bothers me I am probably going too fast.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have had a Zero Gravity Sport Touring Shield on my bike for about six months now.

With the stock shield the wind was blasting me right at eye level.

Now I ride comfortably. The wind blows right over the top of my helmet.

I like mine.

Joe :)

5. mtradtke

mtradtke New Member

I just recently put a Zero Gravity Sport Touring Shield on my '02 VFR, and it is much better for cooler weather riding. The wind blows over my helmet instead of into it from the neck up. I'm 5'11", and at speed it is pretty quiet, (although I always wear ear plugs). ;D

6. mankaw

mankaw New Member

Map
    I have an'03 with a ZG touring screen. I am 6'3". It is much better than stock but doesn't cure all the wind buffeting. I still need ear plugs on long trips at high speeds (or Ear Plug headphones). It was worth the money for me and I would buy it again.
    I also have Gen-Mar risers. I tried a Laminar Lip on the stock screen and it helped some but not as much as the ZG.