Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen for 5th Gen Defect

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by kimowasabe, Aug 10, 2018.

1. kimowasabe

kimowasabe New Member

United States
    Map
    I recently purchased a Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen p/n 23-453-02 from Dennis Kirk. When attempting to install it, it was troublesome. After taking a close look at it and comparing to my original ZG windscreen I was replacing (same p/n 12 years later) I discovered that the front tabs had changed. Where the slot that the very front of the original windscreen was about 5-6mm in depth, the new one was about 2mm, making it impossible to fit.

I was able to return it and Dennis Kirk offered to send me another one, the last one they had in stock. I sent pictures to them and asked that they inspect the new one before sending to make sure it was right. It was not.

What this says is that Zero Gravity has either changed the manufacturing design or is having quality control issues. I spoke with ZG Tech Support and alerted them to the problem, sending them pictures as well. They are looking into it.

Bottom line is that no one should purchase this windscreen until they fix the problem

Bytheway, I had just spent 4 1/2 years slowly restoring 5th gen s/n 00038 to near perfection and the only thing left to do was install the windscreen and mirrors before I could ride! Thwarted again! Will post pictures soon.

Lint likes this.