Zero Gravity Sport Touring - 5th Gen

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by austinaw91, Jul 26, 2019.

1. austinaw91

austinaw91 New Member

United States
    Map
    So after 33k miles, the stock windscreen had a bit of UV damage and never really provided the protection I wanted. After looking at my options, I found the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen to offer the best wind protection without looking like a Gold Wing. Also, the smoke looks good!

After a couple shorter rides, I feel like buffeting has been reduced slightly and that wind noise has been reduced a bit.

Once I fit my 20mm risers, we will see how things work out.

Overall, pretty pleased. Fit and finish seems good, but not OEM quality (nothing is...)

Attached Files:

2. PhoenixOO10

PhoenixOO10 New Member

United States
    Map
    I have the same wind screen! I think it looks amazing with the tint.

I have helibars and am 6ft tall. The new screen deflects the wind into the chin on my helmet, rather than my shoulders and chest. I get more wind buffeting unless I sit strait up and keep my helmet in the clean air. It's not bad, but I might switch back to the stock just to compare again. If I was a little shorter or taller, it might work out better.

3. austinaw91

austinaw91 New Member

United States
    Map
    After fitting my 20mm bar risers, I notice more buffeting around the helmet area. My options are 1) return this and locate a double bubble to bring the wind plane down to my chest or 2) get helibars/convertibars to put me higher into the clean air.

Thoughts?

4. PhoenixOO10

PhoenixOO10 New Member

United States
    Map
    I think it a depends on getting your seating position right then finding the right wind screen. I like the helibars a lot but I've never used the stock bars, so I can't compare the two. I also bought a nicer helmet that reduced some of the buffeting. I wish I had better insight for you, but I'm also trying to figure out this whole windshield thing.

5. austinaw91

austinaw91 New Member

United States
    Map
    I actually just listed the ST screen for sale. Used for about an hour total. Ordered a DB so I will compare. Every rider is different with arm length and riding position as well as bar height so the options are endless.

6. adk_finn

adk_finn New Member

United States
    Map
    I wish you were closer, we could swap and try them both. I have a double bubble, am 6'1", stock bars and pegs. It is ok, not too much buffeting but I also haven't used anything else on this bike. I am curious if the touring would be better, just not $100 curious.