Yes Virginia....their is a Mud Guts...road

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by diVeFR, Aug 3, 2010.

1. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    So last month I trailered my bike up to Newport News , Virginia. My family decided to replace the 70s wood paneling in the house with drywall. So being the good son that I am I also brought up all my tools in the trailer also. I really didnt have that much free time to ride the two weeks I was there. When I finally did get a chance to break away I decided to go to Fredricksburg. ( about 2 hours away.) I had kept in contact with Echo3niner and we planned to meet in his neck of the woods.
    From Newport News I took Route 17 north. The first obstical that I had to confront was the Yorktown river bridge. Its really retarded that they have a toll for motorcycles. Not that the toll is retarded but the amount. Eighty five cents. Really who carries .85 cents on a motorcycle to pay that amount of toll or if you pay with a $1.00 do you really want the change back?
    On my trip I didnt take any pictures except for two. As I was enjoying the ride and the scenery when a road sign caught my eye.
    IMAG0129.jpg IMAG0128.jpg .
    It seems that Mud is pretty famous in this area of Va.

I met with E3-9 and his wife at a poolhall bar. Very nice couple. We had dinner (thanks again 3-9er) and shot the crap for a while till it was getting dark and it was time to go. Route 17 is mainly a back road so I decided to take I95s to I64 to avoid any meetings with Bambi.

Overall I do wish I had more time to ride the roads I grew up on but I am really glad to be back home in Tx where I can relax and dont have to deal with drywall.

2. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

That is too fricking cool....