windshield to go with helibars.

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by V4toTour, May 8, 2015.

1. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    just installed a set of helibars, like the new seating position. however wind is now hitting just below the helmet. Considering ordering a laminar lip or a new full touring windshield. any suggestions, I'm 5'8"

2. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    I'm running a Zero Gravity sport touring windshield and Heli Bars. If you really want a much more comfy bike add a Sargeant seat!! :wink:

ps: Givi makes a nice high quality touring windshield, but my bike shook terribly above 70 mph so it had to go .....

3. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    thanks for the input, but after riding at interstate speeds today figured out my helmet is now in the "clean" air zone. so above the deafening roar of the buffeting I was getting hunched over with stock bars.. This actually works out perfectly, especially for summer riding. Might need a tall screen for fall though, and I like the look of that ZG one.

as for the seat, I've got an airhawk R pad. turned a junk corbin seat into a Barcalounger.

4. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I us the MRA Vario Touring Screen, looks a bit unorthodox but the adjustable kind of flipper/spoiler means I can set it for whatever I want it to do. It works really well for me. I too have Helibars.

p.s. I am 5'7"

Be safe

D.E.D.