Which aftermarket top box will fit an OEM Bracket?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by AndrewM, Apr 26, 2020.

1. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hey, so I have the OEM side bags on my 2008 VFR and was hoping to get a top box as well. The OEM top box bracket is available but not the box here in Canada. Wondering if the GIVI Monokey or Monolock will work with the OEM bracket? Anyone with insight on this?

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Andrew and Welcome to the MadHouse:Welcome:

When you get time please swing by the introductions section and say Hi to the rest of the folks on here. Ideally tell us a bit about you and your VFR and ideally add a photo or two as the folks on here really like photos (click the "upload a file" link at the bottom of the screen and follow prompts to select and upload a photo).

The short answer to your question is yes - An OEM top box mounting bracket is simply a tubular steel frame designed to attach to your VFR and safely support the load of a top box. You then bolt onto that frame whatever adapter plate is designed to match your specific top box. So if you want to use an aftermarket top box just make sure you can obtain a matching adapter plate from that aftermarket supplier. PS GIVI have two different ranges of top boxes which use two different (incompatible) adapter plates - so make sure you get the right one.

Take care ATGATT

SkiMad

3. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hi SkidMad,
    Thank you for the info, and i will make my way to the intro section to say hi,
    Cheers
    Andrew.