WHEELS

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by KC-10 FE, May 2, 2004.

1. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Anyone know if the 8 spoke wheels from the 91-97 series VFR's are the same width as the 5 spoke wheels from the 98-02 series? I know they are a direct bolt on, but I'm not sure if they are the same width. I like the 8 spoke look better than the stock 5 spoke. Anybody know a good place to get them? Anybody willing to trade possibly? Anybody know of any company that makes aftermarket wheels for the VFR's. I sure can't find any.

Thanks
    8) Ride Well 8)
    HWORTH

2. waldrm

waldrm New Member

Hworth, the 8 spoke wheel originally appeared on the RC30 in an 18" diameter. The '90-'93 VFRs came with the same 8 spoke pattern wheel in 5.5" x 17" size. The '94-'97 VFRs went to a five spoke wheel that was only 5" wide. The '90-'93 wheel is a favorite for European streetfighters and CBR single side conversions and is no longer available from Honda.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

90-93 used a 5.5" 8-spoke rear, 98-02 used a 5.5" 5-spoke rear.

I am working on a convertible conversion kit for VFR's that allow you to mount single nut wheels on the Interceptor. Email me if you want to be on a mailing list for information. Other than that you are fooked when it comes to four-bolt aftermarket wheels since nobody makes one.