What's a reasonable price?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by DKC, Jun 8, 2015.

1. DKC

DKC New Member

Thinking pretty seriously about selling it again. Between the son's braces and ......

'07 RWB w/ 28K. New Dunlop Qualifiers, new chain, new sprockets (-1 front, +1 rear), new Rick's r/r hard wired in. All maintenance records (skipped the valve adjustment though). About to have the 28K service done. Really could use a speedo healer to correct for new sprockets.

I would like $4000. Is that too high, too low? I noticed in the Kansas City area, there are a ton of motorcycles for sale on c-list. Ugh. Thoughts?

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    If there is no noticeable cosmetic damage and you have all the service records I think $4000 is a little low. I'd price it at about $4700 and meet somewhere in the middle. I assume this is a non-ABS model?

Rollin

3. DKC

DKC New Member

Right, non-ABS, no hard bags. New soft bags but I don't really count those as value. Wheels were powder coated white two months ago.

4. Albz

Albz New Member

Average market value over here is around R47 000 - R55 000, for that make and model in good condition with a little lower mileage and factory hard luggage so thats around $4200 - $5000, think your $4000 is a pretty decent deal, right in the ball park, I'd advertise for around $4300 and work from there, always nice to get a little more out of the deal

5. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Around here I think you could easily get $4700 for a RWB 6th gen. There are always a ton of bikes on CL but there is that one person that wants yours.

6. Zoober

Zoober New Member

Will removing the luggage devalue the bike *that* much? Everybody knows you never get your money back on that sort of thing. If I ever sold mine, virtually everything would come off and I'd ebay it one piece at a time.

For instance, if I was selling mine for $4k, I'm not going to bump it up to $5k just because I have factory luggage, heli-bars, and a Sargent seat. And nobody is going to pay for that in the final price.

7. Albz

Albz New Member

Over here the hard luggage is a sort after extra, to buy from a dealer it is R15000.00 (approx. $1500.00) was one of the main selling point of my bike when I went to go have a look, new tank and panniers still in original boxes from 2005 never used