What is it going to take...

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by IA-Mike, Dec 11, 2011.

1. IA-Mike

IA-Mike New Member

2. 82ndGreasemonkey

82ndGreasemonkey New Member

I'm not even nice about it anymore. I usually start with something friendly like "Hey!- FUCKTARD!!", or "CUNTY" for the ones who prefer to do thier make-up/texting/Starbocks/Little dog and WTF ever else comes to mind when thier feeble little mind oughta be concentrating on keeping it between the paint...

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I was listening to the Kim Komando show today and she was discussing the latest statistic aboot texting while driving. Up 50% nation wide.

4. slowbird

slowbird Member

Canada
    Map
    It's a big ticket here to Text/Talk on the phone while driving.

5. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    WOW monkey boy--- what he said ---- I don't know the fines out there for you reg folk but anyone talking on a phone or CB with a class A license, first ticket starts at ---------------- $2700 and the third you lose your license, that also includes driving your personal car as well. So us professional drivers get the shaft while these small brains do it day in and day out. WTF

6. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map

Well you big boys can take out a whole bunch of cagers at one time. Were as cager only get one or two. See smaller numbers means safer.:bs:

I'm seeing more and more distracted drivers today. If a car coming towards me wavers at all anymore I'm in super defense mode. Half of which are play with their phone.

7. IA-Mike

IA-Mike New Member

Yeah, it's as if driving is secondary or even lower to whatever else the moron is doing while behind the wheel. I see people reading books, newspapers, even doing paperwork while on the phone and driving. It would be nice if we could use defensive missiles to protect ourselves.

8. dougk35

dougk35 New Member

9. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    Better yet, a device that could made fucking idiot texters (FIT) cell batteries explode...

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Personally I do not think this will ever get much better, I don't mean to be a negative Nelly, but most people do not think of others safety, much less their own. I think the younger generation feel they either won't get caught or don't think they'll get in an accident. What gets me is the professional drivers who text, train conductors, bus drivers, etc., these are the people who are responsible for a group of people. What I don't get is, I'm pretty sure they are not talking/texting someone through emergency surgery, so what is so damn important that it can't wait another few minutes?

Too bad there wasn't a way to have new drivers be put in a simulator that puts them in the "victims" place. Imagine being in simulated vehicle and you get t-boned. How about on a motorcycle and have a car turn left in front of you and the simulator launches you head first! What would be even more awesome is that for the "offending" drivers image they use the person's taking the simulation. That way when they get hit, they see themselves as the perpetrator.

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    How bout having anyone that gets a ticket for text, or talking on the phone has to spend a whole day in ER for the victims of said morons - plus lose a day of work to boot

12. 82ndGreasemonkey

82ndGreasemonkey New Member

Talking on the phone isn't a big deal for most. It's the other. I'd like to see texting be a 1yr suspension for 1st time (non accident) offenders, and permanant revocation for anyone who's been cited before, or anyone who caused an accident. I also think nothing short of vehicular homicide / man-2 should be the minimum for anyone who causes a fatality accident because they're texting

13. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I think your solution Duccman is more realistic than what I proposed. I would say a week but something tells me some lawyer will call it cruel and usual punishment.

EDITED

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  14. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    That or your fucking license is gone - end of story. Were talking about killing, maiming and totally destroying peoples lives for someone how cant wait to hear from someone ( hey, what ya doing ) Its all ass back wards .
    So anyways, went on a ride Sunday up to chopper fest in Ventura and saw some pretty cool customs. It was 44 degrees when I left and 51 when I got home - Can you say BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

15. OOTV

OOTV Insider

The only issue with the license suspension and/or revoking is that does not guarantee they will not drive. I've seen too many 'COPS' episodes and news stories where the some driver takes the police on a high speed car chase and after they are ultimately caught and asked "Why did you run?", the more common answer is "Because I don't have a license".

16. Hammerspur

Hammerspur New Member

Map
    Mandatory jail time!