What is a reasonable price for an '07

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by DKC, Aug 28, 2010.

1. DKC

DKC New Member

I really hate to do it, big pay cut coming forces me to sell the best bike I've ever owned. My question is (given the current state of affairs), is $6300 too much to 'ask' for an '07 RWB with 8400 miles on the clock? I could probably come off that, but I won't give it away. Open to your suggestions. Thankyou.

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I would say that is a fair price. Sorry you have to part with it but it is an ugly time to try to make ends meet or sell a bike. Good luck.

3. MiddleTBabb

MiddleTBabb New Member

United States
    Map
    Sounds about right to me. My 07 isn't RWB, it had only 2,500 miles when I bought it happily for 6,500 back in May. Sucks to lose it though!

4. AZTraveler

AZTraveler New Member

Simple answer...........it all depends. I bought my '07, with 13K, a few months ago for $5,650. I know I got a very good deal, but I was patient and the seller was needy and had already listed the bike at a low $6,000. List it for the price you expect to sell it for, but listen to offers if you really need to sell. Good luck.

5. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    I just paid $7000 for my red 07 ABS with 1600mi. I was also able to get a 2 yr Honda extended warranty for another $600, since I got it from a dealer. I still feel like a got a fair deal.

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Sorry but I think the price you are asking is way too much unless the bike has ABS or a ton of aftermarket mods. There are tons of used 6th gen VFR's out there and since there have only been a few minor changes to the bike over the years the average buyer won't care whether they buy a low mileage 2002 or a 2007 model unless they specifically want the RWB color scheme. Also keep in mind that the engines on these bikes are well built and will last a long time so there really isn't much advantage to buying a bike with only 8000 miles on it versus a bike with 15,000 miles IMO. Fall is here now and the longer you wait the harder it will be to sell since the riding season will be ending up North pretty soon. I think a good price would be between $5000 and $5500

Rollin

7. 07VFR03TLR

07VFR03TLR New Member

I jusr paid $5500 for a RWB 07 with 1400 miles from a dealer (demo with full warranty).

8. indyvfr

indyvfr New Member

United States
    Map
    I had an '07 RWB with 24,926 miles on it that I sold back to the dealer I bought it from last Wednesday for $4,700. He said he would be doing good to get $5,500 out of it. The bike was in the shop for 5+ weeks for an electrical meltdown and was "fixed" under the HPP extended warranty. I got rid of the bike since finding out about all of the electrical nightmares with these VFRs.

I'll never understand why Honda never got their shit figured out with this bike. The fix would have cost me around $1,000 out of pocket and it looks like the next time something screws up, the entire system will likely be toast again. Just received a questionnaire from Honda on the recent experience. Can't really say anything good about it.

I had a blast on this bike, but it was time get rid of the headache. BTW, I've always been big into Hondas, in fact, I just bought a new Civic SI last week. Their Powersports division has given me the worst customer service experience ever in my life.

9. shorawitz

shorawitz New Member

Map
    I bought my '07 (non-ABS) in June. Paid $5400 for it - 15K, PC-III, Hard color matched saddle bags, and Staintune pipes. Like someone said earlier, I am of the opinion that these things are made to run, and run, and run (bar what indyvfr had to say.) I'd follow what Nada.com has to say, then do a little research on craigslist. That's how I shopped for my baby!

10. DKC

DKC New Member

Wow! Some of you landed really good deals! I appreciate all the responses and suggestions. Keeping it is not out of the question yet, particularly going into fall. Sorry to hear about your troubles Indy, hope you didn't loose too much on the deal. I don't have my back up against the wall as of yet. Maybe I'll be sticking 'round. Thanks again.