What do you think about this deal on 2015 Deluxe?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by SAM_ds, Sep 22, 2018.

1. SAM_ds

SAM_ds New Member

Russian Federation
    Hi! I'm happy to be a new member. Now that I know I will definitely get an Interceptor, I created an account here!
    I'm about to buy one and I found a used 2015 deluxe with <300 miles on it for $9300 out the door. What do you think about this deal? Thank you

2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Welcome and congrats on having the good taste to seek out an 8th gen Interceptor.

$9,300 is bit high IMO for a used Interceptor - even with under 300 miles it’s still used. Is it safe to assume that your “out the door” price includes sales tax? That would make the price more palatable.

One of my local dealers has a new 2015 white deluxe on sale for $8,499. Tack on junk fees and sales tax and it would probably be very close to your $9,300 price. Here’s a link:

https://www.rchillhonda.com/inventory/2015-honda-interceptor-dlx-vf-deland-fl-32720-2508321i

3. SAM_ds

SAM_ds New Member

Russian Federation
    Man I know you from youtube. I've been watching your videos.
    Out the door price includes sales tax. I guess you are right.. It seems like the new VFR don't really sell well
    What about a 2014 with 18k miles for $6500? Too much?

4. Cadreamin

Cadreamin New Member

United States
    Map
    That sounds like market value. Is that a private owner or dealer? Have ya checked theNADA to get a feel for value.
    https://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles

Man I get excited for ya. Getting something you wanted for a while. Best of luck

Sent by Tapatalk

5. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Thanks - hope you enjoyed them! That seems kind of steep with that many miles - is the 2014 at least a deluxe? The same dealer with the 2015 new white deluxe I posted above also has a 2015 used red non-deluxe with only 938 miles listed at $6,995, here’s a link:

https://www.rchillhonda.com/inventory/2015-honda-interceptor-vfr800-deland-fl-32720-2481910i

I rely mostly on CycleTrader to see what current asking prices are - good luck in your quest for an 8th gen.

6. Robborboy

Robborboy New Member

United States
    Map
    Seems really high to me. Bought my 2015 Deluxe, new from the dealer, 0 miles, back at the end of March. Just paid a little over half of MSRP out the door. It was something along toe lines of $6700 out the door.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  7. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Hi Sam, Yes the dealer can call it new with 300 miles on it in Utah. As long as it has not been titled to another person they can call it new. ( I know Gator said it is used and he is a lawyer, but even when buying a car the law here says up to a certain amount is still called new!) I don't know where you live, but check it out in your state or local. Rules change per state law. I personally think that is WAY to high. I own a F model and it suits my riding style and conditions. Let us know where you live and your use. Are you just a weekend warrior or a every day commuter and long distance rider? Does the F model suit your needs and style or do you really need the comfort (heated grips, traction control, and center stand) of the deluxe? Those are the questions that you need to ask yourself before you make your decision and any advice in my opinion. If you past is riding without the adds of the deluxe like mine I would suggest that you look for a F model with less than 10 miles that are out there under $7500. Take care and good luck.

8. SAM_ds

SAM_ds New Member

Russian Federation
    Really? That is a super deal. How did you go about getting that low of a price? I found a 2015 Deluxe brand new for $9393 out the door. I think that is the most I can get in my area.. What do you think about that deal?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  9. SAM_ds

SAM_ds New Member

Russian Federation
    Well I decided to not get that bike but found a brand new 2015 deluxe for $9393 out the door. I wonder what you think of that deal? I think this is the lowest I can find near my area. I live in Northern Virginia..
    I'm a daily commuter and am planning on to do so even during the winter so heated grips will come handy.

GatorGreg and Bubba Utah like this.
  10. Laker

Laker New Member

Canada
    Map
    I think you are going to Love that bike. Its terrific. I remember when they were selling for $12,500.
    If you are comfortable with the price it is a good deal.
    Enjoy that sweet VFR.

11. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Well like stated above now. It is under MSRP a few grand. If you really want the deluxe take what you can get! If you can hold out, keep looking. Dealers will deal until the snow hits the ground and they are closed most of the week. They also are looking at getting new models and will need to make some room and Hondas quotas. I did some looking tonight and it looks like the market came up a bit for them. I don't know what taxes and licensing is like in Virginia so if it is anything like the 7.85% sales tax and $160 for licensing in Utah that is a good deal. It would put the bike itself at $8495. Great deal right now again if you lived in Utah. Go for it!

12. Igrok

Igrok New Member

United States
    I bought my 2014 w/ 8K miles on it last month and I paid $5200. Its still way below blue book value. I don't regret it at all <BIG grin on my face just thinking about it>

Thumbs likes this.
  13. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom

You'll bless the 5 position heated grips

The bike is a dream in traffic, I've just hacked my way through 3 miles of grid lock in the city, again .... After my Supermoto I thought the VFR would be a bit of a handful but no, she's even better, between the low bars and the fold back mirrors there's not many gaps I can't get through

14. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Agreed, my 8th gen is great for filtering - my little Elite 110 scooter is arguably better cuz it’s so small, but I have to watch the mirrors on it more and the small wheels make it less stable / more wobbly at filtering speeds of 5-10 mph. My VFR seems rock solid at those filtering speeds. But at 0-5 mph the scooter is super maneuverable around stopped traffic cuz of its size.

15. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Seems like a pretty good deal IMO - one of my brothers lives in the beltway and prices for everything up there seem rather high. The extra features of the deluxe like ABS, traction control, and heated grips will be great for your commute - enjoy and please post pics!