Vman Update:

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by WhiteKnight, Sep 3, 2007.

1. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Ok, time for a belated and overdue update.

Aug 3rd: wrist cast comes off and a splint is given for me to wear. Like I am gonna wear it as much as I should. lol
    Doc says I can return to work on Aug 20th.....that's been here and gone now. lol
    Next doc visit was on Aug 30th.
    Doc says: Ankle cast can come off and I can start to put some weight on it. So what do I do beside go to work Thursday and Friday night? You guessed it.

On Saturday I led a group ride to Cumberland Falls. I was doing ok until I had to park a 1/4 mile from the gift shop. Took me 10 minutes or so to hobble there and by the time I got there I was wore out. Then we hit the slab on the way home and that just made things worse and me more tired. Then on Sunday I went on a ride with 3 others up to Maysville, KY. It was a good ride and I was not as sore or tired afterwards.

I go back again on the 13th of September. As it stands, I presume he will not want to perform surgery, but I will be asking him about phys therapy. Obviously, I do not have full range of motion in the ankle. But I will have to learn to walk on it again and PT can help in that as well as help me to properly get rid of stiffness in the ankle. What little hobbling I do on it makes my heel hurt as if I had bruised it (and I have before) so it is no fun. I still use my crutches to support my weight most of the time and that helps.

On another note:
    A big thanks to all who donated. It was very helpful and words will never, and I mean never, be able to express my thanks. For everyone: you have my gratitude and prayers that each and everyone of you has a safe and happy ride each time you throw a leg over any motorcycle.

Ride to live............................

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    It is great to hear that you are getting better Vinny. I sincerely hope that you heal up back to 100% (or close to it) fast. I know it has been very hard.

3. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Good vman!

Riding while not fully recovered? Just what Dr. Zanetti prescribed!

BZ

4. skidvicious

skidvicious New Member

Map
    Hi Vinny - great to read that your well on the way to recovery! Betcha it feels great to be back on the bike!

Best wishes,

Skid

5. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    BZ, that's the orders I followed. lol

It was great to be back on it and I don't feel I have become too rusty, I just can't gp thru corners as fast yet until I can get some more mobility in my foot. I had fun and it was a blast. for once in the last two months, I was not bored. lol

6. XRayHound

XRayHound New Member

I feel for your ankle break, vman. Neither of mine have ever been broken, but I've twisted and contorted them so many times it's not funny. I hit a patch of sand coming to a stop right after I got my Fazer and had to manhandle it back up, my right ankle hasn't been the same since even though I can't for the life of me figure out how I hurt it. As bad as mine are, I hope I never find out how bad they'll be after an actual break.

7. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    V - best of luck to ya - great to hear your riding again. Sometime we should hook up - I'm a 2 hour drone to Lexington

MD