VFRworld.com Demographics

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by stellenbrav, Apr 3, 2008.

1. stellenbrav

stellenbrav New Member

VFRworld.com has always impressed me as being inhabited by more mature, responsible riders. After a recent post by an obvious squid, the replies confirmed my impressions that most here are responsible. I thought it would be neat to get a feel for the demographics of those who lurk here. List your age and family status. If you want, list your profession.
    I'll start: 38 YOA male, married, 2 great kids.:usa2:

2. yoda6669

yoda6669 New Member

Map
    28 , MALE, Married for 8 yrs, 2 kids, serving the Army for 12yrs so far. Even though young, I was told as a child to listen to my elders. They have a lot of knowledge & experience.

3. JTC

JTC New Member

United States
    Map
    Again with this???

30yrs., live in baby's mama 6 six yrs (no intention of getting maried)... my little girl will be 2 in June... she loves DaDa's vroom vroom. I currently hold several job titles: Lifeguard, EMT, CPR 1stAID & AED instructor, Ambulance Dispatcher, Swim Coach.
    #1 goal in life: retire and become a full time VFRworld moderator.

4. blackjack_mike

blackjack_mike New Member

Map
    48 years (but very young at heart - some say immature - I prefer young) - male - never married (whew!) - National Sales Manager for a large winery in Canada, dreamed about riding as a kid, got the bug by riding a mini-bike at a Scout camp, bought my first bike at 16, owned a bike ever since, everything from a moped, dirt, dual sport, cruiser, tourer, sport, sport touring and most recently my VFR. I think I'm in love!

5. nyteshades

nyteshades New Member

31 years old. IT worker, currently going back to school to get my degree. Started riding dirt bikes in the mountains of CO as a kid. Lots of time trail riding up there. At 16 I had a Kawi 440. At 19 I had an 82 Yamaha Maxima 750 while I lived in Abilene, TX. I scraped the hell out of the pegs on that poor bike. Was off a bike for 10 years thanks to the first wife.....then July 5th, 2006 I bought my f4i. Sort of my independence day lol. I met a bunch of great riders here in Tulsa that I have learned so much from.....and on 4/1/08 I said so long to the f4i and bought an 08 VFR.

6. nvoges

nvoges New Member

26 M work in research and development for the DOD. I have a girlfriend of 3.5 yrs and no kids. I got the itch riding a YZ125 dirt bike at age 13 or 14 and bought my first road bike at age 16 and haven’t looked back.

7. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Getting older is inevitable, growing up is optional.....:biggrin:

MD

8. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

30, married for 5 year together for 10, 2 young men-15 and 3 (kings in the making)...currently i am a customer service associate, but i hope to run for the presidency in the next 4 to 8 years. oh yeah i do a little woodworking on the side as a hobby...currently rebuilding my first and only bike (so far) 87 VFR700.

9. azpnshr

azpnshr New Member

33, married for 14 yrs with 2 boys; working in Afghanistan with the police training program. Been riding over 10 years, owned a 450 suzuki, 87 Magna 700 and 07 RWB Interceptor......lovin the V-4!!!

10. carymca

carymca New Member

Age 62, married 40 years, two children and two grandchildren. I also have a Gold Wing in the garage, but it has sat unused and jealous for the past 6 weeks since i bought an '05 silver VFR. I always have wanted a VFR and decided I better do it now or never. It's a great motorcycle.

11. benjammer

benjammer New Member

Age 38 (don't feel it), married, my little girl is 5 and she's my best bud, and the best thing in my life.
    Started off riding a Honda ST90 at the age of 7.......and riding a Honda now. That is brand loyalty.

12. jev.

jev. over there

United States
    34...almost, white male, married for 14yrs, together for @19yrs, 2 children, son-17, daughter-12, work in a motorcycle dealership.

13. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

37 years old here, married 10 years to a great woman and have a 4 year old daughter. I'm a project manager in the government sector, focus on hazmat, bioterrorism and environmental health.

14. nvoges

nvoges New Member

Kevin,

Who do you work for? I do some of the same work mostly chem/bio.

15. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    29 here, married 2 years, been together almost 10. No kids, but two cats and a 9-month old Siberian Husky. I've had a slew of interesting jobs, but currently work in the Logistics department at Burton Snowboards in Burlington, Vermont.

Been riding on two wheels since 1999 when I saved a 1982 Yamaha XS400R Seca from a dark and dusty garage. Restored it into a nice rider and rode that until a little over a year ago when I got the VFR. Sweet little bike, great to learn on.

16. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

sent you a pm

17. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    36, 2 kids 16 M, 14 F, 16 yr old is also member here but rarely active, USAF vet then retrained to medical working in nursing for over 10 yrs ICU, ER, etc. On 2nd marriage 2 stepkids 15F, 12M. All great kids, new wife great. Riding 30+ yrs. Grew up on Harleys as passenger but since I was a kid, I was on small Japanese dirtbikes so I just stuck with what I could afford. Now I can afford a Harley, but my last one was a poor experience so I sold it and stumbled upon the VFR. So far I still like it more than any bike I have ever owned. I have never had a bike before that I enjoyed watching the mileage go up, on this bike making 100k is my goal and it seems like it will reach it easily...

18. t money

t money New Member

41 year old male, marrried 15 years. Two boys 10 and 8. Hospital Pharmacist.

19. v4pwr

v4pwr New Member

Map
    im 34 male, married 13 years to my wife (who hates my bike). no kids but have two dogs (just mutts), and my wifes cat. work as a auto mechanic

20. OKCVFR

OKCVFR New Member

I'm 42, own my own company, have a great family and four grandkids (don't ask). I love motorcycling of all types; travel, local, dirt, etc. I do have a bit of squid in me so I have a big bored w/cams Kawi Meanstreak and the VFR and a 500+ hp 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT. The bikes and the cars are my destressers, I love to ride with a local group on the Thursday night rides out to different restaurants in different towns for the ride and the fellowship. Ooops said too much. Good group here by the way.