VFRChicks wants to meet you CA Dudes

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by Chicky, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    I received a map of our planned route through CA for our trip during the week of 9/15 (or 9/22 if weather looks bad). We'll be watching the 5-day forecast so I should know by the 11th or 12th if the guys are going on the 15th... if so, I may head out on the 13th, or sooner. Looks like the guys are heading out of Vegas, cutting through the Sierras on 120, then heading down 140 to Merced first day, then onto Monterey next day. From there 1 and 101 all the way north with a little cut in to hit Skyline Drive and Alice's. As far north as Arcata, then back east on 299, 44, 89, 395...

I'm thinking about heading out solo on the 13th (or 20th), then meeting up with them somewhere along the route. I want to catch up with as many of you as I can, plus I have some old friends in the Bay Area I want to see while I'm there. I'm not sure if I will be riding the route listed above... depends on who is where.

So... I'd like to ask all of you Central and NorCal people a favor. If you are anywhere along that basic route, and want to try to hang out with me/us somewhere along the line, can you let me know what town you're in and if you are around during the day, night, weekdays, weekends? You don't have to be SUPER specific, just general times is good for now. You can just reply here or PM me if you prefer. If you PM me, can you also provide a phone number for me to call you? If you just reply to this thread, I'll PM you to get contact info.

Once I have info. about you, I'll figure out when to leave and what route I'll take. I'm hoping if I leave Saturday, I'll get to the Bay Area Saturday night and can hang out with some of you on Sunday.

Can't wait to put real people to the names!!
    Karen

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Wow...that sound like a fun trip! I am sure that Reggie's Roadhouse will still be open for business if you are real nice to the owner.....hahaha!

Oh, incase you were not aware....we have a member map under the community heading above ^^^^ if you want to use it to help plan your route.

:vtr2:

P.S. If you get a wild hair up your bum and decide to make a run for the border, give a holla at the SD folks!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Jason,
    Thanks for the tip on the member map. I actually found it a few days ago and checked it out, but unless I'm missing something it's not very helpful. It indicates where members are on a very small map, so you can't tell specifically where they are. If you have any suggestions on how to use that map, I'm all ears... thanks!
    Karen

4. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    No worries girl! You can use the "zoom" function, to get in close on an area. Give it a try again when you have some time, and try zooming it. You can go down to street level. One thing that drives me nuts about it, is that the names pop up and it makes the screen scroll all over the place sometimes. :frusty:

Oh, and it takes awhile to load all of the members who have put their location on the map. That is another point, not all members are on the map. The best way is what you are doing....posting a thread and having people post up anyways.....I just have a lot of hot air to release, so I figured I would do so before my head hit the clouds....

5. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    I will keep watching this thread to see if you actually come this way. I would love to ride a few miles with ya. I can even show you a fun way to get into Reno.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    There are several along your route. XXFirefighter, SLOav8r all somewhere near Lompoc RMCobb (nipomo or Santa Maria I think), SLOVFR & Tori within blocks of each other in Grover Beach, Reg71 in Atascadero (you are all welcome to sleep above the garage if you are needing a place to stay around the time you are passing through. You could save a few bucks on motels or what have you. (note: the keg is dry though following the BBQ and ride from last weekend) Anyway, I'll PM you some info.

7. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    I "think" all of those places are quite a bit south of where we are going to be... furthest south we are looking at going is Monterey. I'd LOVE to connect with you guys down in SLO area, but probably won't be able to this trip. I know I will be getting back out to CA a LOT though, so will make it happen.

8. MtnRider

MtnRider New Member

Well depending upon how far you make it (and my days off) I am only minutes north of Santa Rosa. Now at the moment my VFR is getting new headbearings so it may be down but the Ducati is ready to roll

Sam

9. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Oh, I misunderstood. I didn't look up the highway numbers you listed. I thought you were coming across CA from around Las Vegas and then making your way to Hwy 1 and heading up through Monterey. If so, give us a yell. Otherwise, I'm sure we'll run into you eventually.

10. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, you are a "little" off our route, but maybe we can connect on teh way back... I'd really like to meet you, Mr. Chatbox Celebrity. I don't think I have your contact info. PM me with your phone number and when we are a day or so out, I'll call you. Maybe I can take a detour from the group, hang with you for a little bit, then head back down. If they get way ahead of me, I can either catch 'em or ride the home stretch solo. I'm fine either way.

11. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Don't forget there are at least 3 or 4 very active members in the Bay Area. I'm in the San Fran Area and when you come up past Monterrey and are heading up Hwy 1 past Marin I'm available on most weekends. I'l PM you so just give me a call when you think you'll be in the area.

12. bakchizhai

bakchizhai New Member

Map
    keep me posted as well, if all goes well I'm down for a meet up in the bay area.

13. mikelc10

mikelc10 New Member

I think we (the bay area riders) should meet up w/you at Alice's!!

14. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    "Yeah, you are a "little" off our route,"

If you are going 44 to 395, you will come right through Susanville. If you take 89 south you will have to back track on 36 from 44. Either way you will be right here. I can show you around.

15. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, great idea! I'm already thinking of leaving here mid-day Friday to get a good half day of riding in. Then hopefully make the Bay Area Saturday, hang out with the Bay Area riders at Alice's and doing some riding around there. Then, head up to NorCalBoy's territory for Sunday. There are a couple people up that way, from what I understand. My buddies are planning on hitting Monterey around Tuesday, so I'd still have Monday to tool around on my own in the Bay Area and have lunch and dinner with my non-motorcycle friends before meeting my friends in Monterey. I guess I don't HAVE to go to Monterey, but... yes, I do. I love it there and wouldn't miss it if I can help it. We'll be heading to Alice's again probably Wednesday, and going past NorCalBoy again Wednesday or Thursday, but I think it will be more of a "just passin' though" moment. I'll know better over the next week and a half or so....

16. Wu-Viffer

Wu-Viffer New Member

Map
    Yo,

Myself and another VFR buddy living up here in San Francisco would love to meet up with you guys at some point. Meeting on Skyline (Hwy 35) at some point would be perfect. Do you know what your route is going to be? If you are going through Monterrey on the way north, I assume you'll be taking Hwy 1. If that is the case, you can either take Hwy 9 from Santa Cruz up to Hwy 35 and onto Alice's, or you could take Hwy 84 a little further north on Hwy 1 to link up with Hwy 35. Both Hwy 9 and Hwy 84 kick some serious ass for riding, by the way. So let us know what you more specific plans are when you figure them out yourself, and we'll decide upon a meeting place and time.

Alright, looking forward to it,
    Mel

17. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Mel,
    PM me with your cell number so I can call you when it gets closer. I've got about 4 or 5 other numbers already. Teh way it's looking now, I'm going to try to at a point where I can meet up with you guys at Alice's on Saturday... either the 13th or 20th. I will most likely be coming up from the south and know 9 from SC VERY well. I used to live in San Jose, so travelled on that road often... definitely fun. My actual group isn't leaving Vegas until Monday, but so many of you are only available on weekends, so I'm riding up solo to meet up with some Bay Area folks at Alice's on Saturday, then will be heading up to NorCalBoys territory on Sunday. I