VFR800 Burning up rectifiers??? READ THIS

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by csjea, May 17, 2004.

1. csjea

csjea New Member

IF YOUR VFR800(MAY WORK WITH OTHER MODELS) is burning up new voltage regulators quicker than you can replace them, you NEED to purchase this item. This FIX kit was designed to replace the factory charging system with one that is more stable and more reliable. Installation is simple and making the wiring harness is also easily done(I can make the harness for you for an extra twenty dollars, this way all you will have to do plug it in and ride). It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. Included it this package is a schematic, connectors, electrical tape, FULL easy to understand installation instructions, and a voltage regulator/rectifier. Troubleshooting info and tech support is also provided. I can also make this work for some other models of bikes as well if yoy e-mail me an electrical schematic. E-mail me at csjea@charter.net for ANY questions you may have. E-mails will be answered after 5pm EST.
    The price for this kit is $169.99 and is payable by Paypal, Money Order, or Check.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sure that will work, but you will still have that same unreliable reg/rect. Unless you replace it with the FixKit which includes a completely different reg/rect and a new wiring harness that will withstand more current to lower resistance.

4. photomonkey

photomonkey New Member

FYI I have no idea what this fix kit is or how it works, but I have read many reports of fan failures where people have used CPU fans to cool the regulator. The prevailing theory is that the bearings in the fan are not built to deal with the loads and torques applied as the bike leans around.

Not even $.02 worth... :)

5. WVFR

WVFR New Member

What year VFRs is this a problem on?

6. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
    Mostly in 5th generation 1998-2001 VFR800.

7. thewitchdr

thewitchdr New Member

that's pretty slick

8. hondajt

hondajt New Member

Not bad, and I appreciate the effort, but wiremybike.com already has a good fix, but it costs more.

AND holy old thread batman.

9. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    It may cost more, but it is a quality product and a proven product! :biggrin:

10. GILL

GILL New Member

Where would a recommended place to buy a replacement RR? I'm from Canada, but would probably be getting it from the US. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I usually end up buying oem parts from servicehonda.com but ronayers.com and bikebandit.com also carry anything oem I think. servicehonda just has always been cheaper when I have looked. if you are going aftermarket, I'm not sure which is the best, but if you search the wiki, I think it has links to threads talking about R/R options...