VFR paint codes?

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Guest, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a 1986 honda vfr700 and i dropped it the other day. I would like to paint it the same pearl white that it has from the factory. I cant seam to find the paint formula so that i can get a local mixer to mix the paint for me. Does anybody know the paint formula for a honda code nh-139. Does anybody know the paint formula?

2. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    If your local paintshop cant get the paint mixed from the color code you hawe to find a bigger paintshop to get the paint mixed

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Honda does not release their paint codes. Part of the problem is that the type of paint they use in Japan has high levels of volatile organic compounds and it also contains lead. Makes for a nice deep lustrous finish, but the EPA isn't so keen on it.

So PPG, Dupont, et al, will not have a paint match. Best bet is to buy new body panels from Honda if you can.

Next thing is to get a talented painter to mix up a batch on the spot, but it's about a million to one odds to get the shade just right, and that's with solid colours.

Metallics are about ten times worse to match.

Best you will ever get from a local painter is "close".

Sorry! Wish it wasn't so. :(

4. keny

keny New Member

Finland
  5. waldrm

waldrm New Member

Go to the Color-Rite website; they have the paint by year and code. Here's the link: www.color-rite.com