VFR Mirrors

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Grant74, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Grant74

Grant74 New Member

I have a 1995 VFR, with the ugly condom mirrors. I am going to replace them, but I was wondering about aftermarket mirrors. Do they look the same or do they look like cheap after market VFR mirrors, because they are half the price. Any input you guys could give me would be very beneficial.

2. Jake

Jake New Member

Well, I don't have any answers, but I'm right there with ya Grant. I have the ugly condom mirrors on my '98 VFR and had them on my 95 F3 before it as well. Damn rubber things never stay on.

When I was cycle shopping, I was looking at a 2002 F4i and the new condom-free mirrors on it looked great.

Anyone know if they'd fit?

Jake

3. Grant74

Grant74 New Member

Ronayers.com has OEM mirrors for about 55 bucks a peice. This is cheap compared to the 110 per mirror the shops will hit you for. There is also a guy on ebay who sells them for 55 a pair, but I dont know about them. You will also need the bolts which are about 54 cents a peice. They do make the bike look a lot better. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy new mirrors, instead of getting another jacket.
    ;D

4. kevinw

kevinw New Member

After seeing your post, I ordered those mirrors from RonAyers.com for my '98. Thanks for the advice. They wanted $80/mirror at my local dealer, and you can get those bolts at Lowe's for about $1.00 ( for all four).