VF500 Galfer brake lines

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by KarlR, Mar 13, 2021.

1. KarlR

KarlR New Member

United States
    Map
    I am replacing the brake lines on my 86 VF500 with the Galfer lines and I was wondering what others have done with the grommet that fits in those wire guides. The Galfer line diameter is much smaller than the OEM. Also. I broke the grommet trying to get it off the OEM line.
    6BDE9482-55D6-4376-8A42-410B30B35AF8.jpeg ADBA704A-92A6-4E66-B67A-5716B187B4A1.jpeg

2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Install it and see what it looks like, see if there is a clearance issue, if not your good. You could always modify that rubber donut and use your stock holding bracket. I have done this on my rear brake lines I installed with my SSSA bikes.

3. KarlR

KarlR New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Ridevfr. I found some new correctly sized grommets on the web to fit the Galfer line and the stock holding bracket. It will be more important when I get to the rear brake line.
    Hopefully, with lots of lube, I will be able to get them over the banjo bolt end.

For anyone interested, the new grommets worked great. With a little silicone spray they slipped over the banjo bolt fittings.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021