Veterans Day ride in Southeast Ohio on Wed, 11/11/09

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by TimRav, Oct 12, 2009.

1. TimRav

TimRav New Member

I know it's a month away, but I'm planning a Veterans Day group ride in SE Ohio for 11/11/09.

In 2007 it was sunny and near 60F that day. Last year it was overcast and in the low- to mid-40sF. The go or no-go decision that date will depend solely on weather. As long as it's dry I'll be riding.

Please post up here if you're interested in riding that day. Thanks!

2. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Just over a week 'til the ride, if anyone is interested. 10-day forecast shows highs in the low- to mid-50s in Zanesville (our meeting spot) for next week, with some rain likely. Please post up here if interested in riding that day.

Also, I'm thinking of asking each participant for a $5 donation which will go straight to a veterans-related cause. Not sure which one yet, but I'll find one between now and next week.

3. TimRav

TimRav New Member

No response here, but I wanted to do a last check here in case anyone is interested. I'll check the forum around 8 am tomorrow morning before I leave the house.

Last call... :biggrin:

4. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    thanks for making the effort to get a ride together Tim... Most folks may be working...

5. TimRav

TimRav New Member

There were a couple "Maybe's" over the last week, but everyone had to work. My office was closed today, so work wasn't an issue for me.

Had a great ride today. 360 miles, hit a few terrific roads and didn't have one "Oh crap!" moment all day. Didn't feel sharp when I hit the 1st decent curves today, but gradually got in the zone - or at least as much in the zone as I get. :tongue:

Hope some of the VFRW guys can make SE OH rides next year. I go every month or so.