Velocity Stack tabs go bye bye

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Durus, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Durus

Durus New Member

United States
    Map
    So I broke the lil metal tabs off the bottom of one of my stacks while trying to reassemble my carb. For some reason it's always a huge fight to get that metal plate under the airbox back on top of the carb!!!! Never wants to line up on all four corners. Has anyone else done this and noticed problems? Will this mess with vacuum in any noticeable way?

2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I would sell you one but I am a hoarder of these parts as I have dedicated too many hours and money on these 3rd generation bikes, not being a prick or anything just saying.

Next time you do it, leave the stacks in place and just work around the looseness. If your replacing those o-rings with the little tabs and key way rubber tongue thing just slip them in between the plate and the stacks, "working around the looseness." I use a sharpy and clock where they are in relation to the plate, more info in this case is good. I used to remove them and its a bit of a suck job to get the tabs re-aligned. I know what your going through, try Ebay for parts. Best I can do, good luck. Far as vacuum it could, not sure.

Durus likes this.
  3. Durus

Durus New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the advice ridevfr! I've searched for replacements on ebay but alas none to be found. Not yet at least. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

4. jethro

jethro New Member

United States
    Map
    I have been watching for a while now. Even contacting places that post bare carbs to see if they have the stacks and no luck yet. I bet if they did have them they would be messed up as well. I'm looking for the longer set off a 90 or 91 model.