V-Tec graffiti and 2 up in Lower NY (upstate to you city folk)

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by VFR Love, Oct 20, 2013.

1. VFR Love

VFR Love New Member

United States
    Rode all around the kensico dam on brand spankin new sneaks - Michelin Pilot C2s.

The old pilot powers in the bike were cupped and flat spotted pretty bad. With the new tires the bike doesn't chatter down the road. It feels like SUCH a great matchine now. The gyroscopic effect of the wheels just transmits through so cleanly.

Anyway 2nd time riding two up and over some dirt roads- splendid time. Burned through a full tank of da good sh*t - 87 octane baby. No combustion retards here:)

I happened upon some apropo graffiti too...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    awsome thanks for the share

3. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Nice:smile:
    John

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Sweeeeeeeeeet, thanks for sharing and I am glad you two having a blast :thumb:

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I would really like to get out that way to up state some day. But that is a long ride for me so not likely. I believe you live in some beautiful countryside there. Welcome to the life of the VFR

6. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Nice Pictures, ever get up to Bear Mountain?

7. VFR Love

VFR Love New Member

United States
    Was actually on the itinerary that day but we didn't get around to it. I'm looking forward to it - hopefully before the cold weather sets in.

8. jujifruit

jujifruit New Member

You are in my stomping grounds, that is a great road you are on to get to there! Have you ever ventured onto 22 north? Fabulous riding up that way!!

9. VFR Love

VFR Love New Member

United States
    I don't think I have- any areas/roads you'd recommend?

10. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I used to go thru the Wanaque Reservoir then thru Harriman State Park, to Bear Mountain. Believe I used to used to use Rt 287. Bear in mind that I used to live in North Jersey. When I would do these rides, they were 3-4 hours and 200+miles. Now, I am lucky if I do a ride like that three times a year. There is a killer road that runs thru a mountain range with off camber turns, its new West Point NY...

Miss that, dont miss riding in 30 degree weather though :vtr2: :wacko: Ride to Live, Live to Ride...:peace:

11. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Green Pond Road off rt 287 was pretty neat too, you could string your way along to NY State that way. It kinda comes back to you, been a while since I been up North... Cheers

12. VFR Love

VFR Love New Member

United States
    I had a route planned through that area- Bear Mtn and West Point. I'll reference this when I ride that way again. It's starting to get a bit chilly. Got meself some heated grips which should help. I hear a heated vest can make a massive difference.

Thanks for the advice- I see you're in Florida... My vfr was originally from there too. Give the land yachts hell! 132db Stebel hell:)

13. jujifruit

jujifruit New Member

My little circle that I take quite often is 22 north to 55 east to 7 north to 117 west to 22 south to kensico dam/ bronx river pkwy. Its a 150 plus mile trip that is pretty awesome! Make it that you get to route 7 around lunch, as you come up to the covered bridge in cornwall, hang a quick right across the bridge, just on the other side is a little lunch place called the wandering moose, great food, nice atmosphere! If you already have been there, you know what Im talking about! Happy riding!!!

14. jujifruit

jujifruit New Member

I believe thats rt.202

15. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Far Oot! I swore by my (no-shameless-plugs here.) Widder Lectric gloves and vest. That enabled me along with a thermal Hein Gericke riding suit to brave the elements. When I moved down here, I sold the gloves and vest, the fellow that bought the gloves complained that one of the gloves did'nt work, ended up giving him a refund, anyway...I worked on bikes with heated grips and never really could understand how they worked keeping your mits warm...Beemer doodes like them though...

Funny you were planning that route, I had a Grandmother that had some strange esp stuff going on, but then she had a double hip replacement operation, and she lost her MOJO. Sometimes, I feel like I got some of her stuff, weird stuff. Nuff Sed...Safe Riding, I give everyone hell...:evil:

16. VFR Love

VFR Love New Member

United States
    I dig- good on you for said mojo.

Now just in case you get homesick for the madness of the northeast I shall regale you a tale... Sadly tis true...

The other night in the gym I heard some commotion. A woman and her daughter were outside wrestling over a coat. The woman shoved the daughter with both hands and ripped the coat away only to promptly throw it in a planter with a large shrubbery. Oh and papers with maniacal rantings in red ink "two peas in a pod!!!!" Flew up in the air.

She pushed her daughter back in the car and then sped off.

It would be odd enough except it was the second time that day it happened. Turns out earlier in the day this rather svelte woman went inside, bought cheese-its and a bottle of water, went outside, ripped off her jacket and threw it in the planter and sped off. The employee on staff went outside, retrieved the coat (filled with crazy notes) and put it in the lost and found. Hey no big deal- this is north shore Long Island.

Well the handwriting matches the uh journal?? Found in the planter the day before.

It's page after page of crazy love

It might be the same couple who had an affair centered around the gym and when the wives met at a local upscale restaurant caused a rather ugly scene.

Anyhow today there was a large book on marriage, a pair of very nice custom metal home address signs and stuff. I'm keeping an eye out for the engagement ring she bought for herself.

One theory is the plant was the drop zone for illicit messages and now she's returning it all.

I know- in Florida they just drive through the planters. :-0

17. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Sound like your gym is in a great hood. If you decide to go the heated vest route, go Gerbings. Get the whole jacket liner with the sleeves as well. You will need a controller as well because they don't come with a switch of any sort from Gerbings. You can get their cheaper single throw rocker type switch or spring for the more expensive switch with the heat adjustable dial type switch. For you techies, that is called a potentiometer. While you are at that, you might consider the dual control in the event you want to get the heated pant liners too. They all plug into each other. Gerbings has served me very well over the years riding right through our cold and wet winters here. They even stand up to machine washing on gentle. That is what Gerbings told me to do with them.