Upgrade - Maintenance Release

Discussion in 'VFRworld News' started by michael, Jan 23, 2010.

1. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    VFRworld has been upgraded again, to the first maintenance release. So far, I have noticed only one thing broken after the patch - the Forum Statistics is not displaying correctly. Otherwise, the site seems to be working fine. Please let us know if you discover any issues since the upgrade.

And before you even ask - NO, we did not fix things such as colors in the chat or other color-related issues. They may be fixed in the future, but they were not part of this maintenance release.

Thanks for your patience as we continuously improve VFRworld for your enjoyment!

2. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Michael,on my computer the shoutbox on the homepage does not work at all unless I'm logged in. Is it supposed to work that way now? The shoutbox also used to appear when I would click onto a thread. It would appear above the first post on the page. It used to work fine after the switch to the new website format. It's no longer there anymore on my computer. Is this also correct?

I like the light and dark screen option for viewing posts. I prefer the light screen option myself,but everytime I log out I have to reset to the light screen option. I'm guessing that the dark screen option is the default setting? Is there some way that I can lock the light screen setting as the default on my computer so I don't have to keep changing back to it when I log out?

Thanks Michael,rubber side down my friend,keep up the good work.

3. michael

United States
    Map
    Yes, the chat only displays if you are logged in, and it only displays on three pages: 1. the home page 2. the Forum Home page (click on Forums) and 3. the Chat page (click on Chat). The chat uses a tremendous amount of bandwidth, and showing the chat on every page and to unregistered users was slowing the site down a lot.

The dark theme is the default (by popular demand), and I'm afraid I don't know a way of making it stay light when you logout. If this is useful at all, you can get to the light theme directly by using the following URL. You could bookmark that URL and just click it to go light?

4. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Thanks for the info Michael.:thumbsup:

5. Hammerspur

Hammerspur New Member

Map
    Same here, can't see crap on the dark page... resetting every visit is a PITA!

6. michael

United States
    Map
    Just use the link I posted above, takes you straight to the light version.

7. Hammerspur

Hammerspur New Member

Map
    No 'link' that I can see.

Cut n' pasted this: http://vfrworld.com/forums/index.php?styleid=7

just got me to the front page (which I bypass on my favorites to the forums)
    and it's dark.