upcoming trip ideas?

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by festertruck, Jul 13, 2010.

1. festertruck

festertruck New Member

United States
    Map
    hello all,

finally getting a vaction from alaska. ferrying down to bellingham and then riding for 3-4 weeks in august. looking forward to it! i am seeking suggestions on roads not to miss on my ride. will be focusing the trip in the northwest, southwest and west coast. i have a good bit of experience with arizona and have ridden Highway 1/101 several times. where else do i absolutley have to go? looking forward to lots of good suggestions.

thanks in advance,

colin

2. AZTraveler

AZTraveler New Member

I have lived in SoCal and now in Arizona, both great riding states. I would recommend Utah and Colorado, check the Scenic Byways.

3. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    I would do some research on Colorado. Yes, I'm biased, but I've been around the western half of the states on a bike, and the CO rockies shouldn't be missed. It doesn't matter whether your looking for scenery or aggressive canyoning, CO has got it, including the two highest paved roads in the world. Both are well over 14,000ft and offer great twisties and world class views. If you start to get things firmed up, let me know, I'ld be happy to get into specifics. Perhaps meet for a ride?