Throttle Tamer Experience?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by WGREGT, Oct 9, 2013.

1. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Hey gang....anyone with a 6th gen have any experience with this, either with this manufacturer or with something similar?

http://www.g2ergo.co...-throttle-tube/

It's a "throttle tamer" that supposedly takes the over-responsive throttle on my 800 and makes it a little more manageable at low speeds.

The rest of my bikes are carbs, and this is my first real experience with a fuel injected bike. I've put about 8k on it so far since I've had it.

And my right hand is numb, nearly every time I ride the 800 after only a few miles. I swap out my bikes and ride a different one each week for the month, and the 800 is the only one I have this problem with. And it has Throttlemeisters on it, as well as heated grips. The other bikes all have Throttlemeisters as well, so I'm ruling that part out.

I'm fixing the carpal tunnel-like numbness and tingling with far-too-frequent visits to the chiropractor for ART (active release technique, which works astoundingly well. PM me if you need more info on it. I was cleared for CT surgery, and was recommended ART as a last resort, and I'm amazed how well it works.)

Thing is, if I lay off the 800 for 3 weeks while the other bikes rotate into service, the CT goes away. Every time. One day on the 800, and it's back for a week while it's in rotation. Funny how it's the only one with fuel injection as well. To me, I'm thinking the throttle return force feels "snappier", thus the force required to turn it is more, thus my tendons etc are stretched more, thus the tingling.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about one of these as a possible solution. Thoughts?

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
  3. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Scuba, you da man. No matter WHAT those on this forum who have met you say about you. From now on, I'm not listening to a word they say about you. Even if they do have photos.

PS ScubaLong....Hmmmm...you a diver as well here in OC? Me too....I'm a DM thru PADI. I'm in the water every sat. somewhere usually. Try to do a night dive during the week if I can as well.