Thinking about Track Riding in 2010? NESBA Membership Drive

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by betarace, Jan 21, 2010.

1. betarace

betarace New Member

Folks, below is information from NESBA regarding a $25 discount on it's annual membership (normally $75). The club is great and well attended by some other riders here. If you are planning on doing a track day, this is the club to do it with. NESBA : Northeast Sports Bike Association As always, everyone is invited to ride with us, come by and check it out and ask questions.

[FONT=&quot]NESBA KICKS OFF 2010 MEMBERSHIP DRIVE

In 2010, NESBA is again offering the greatest perks for the greatest members! Sign up or renew your membership before Febuary 15th and receive a $25 credit!

During the off season I often check into the forums and am always surprised at how NESBA members continue to frequent the NESBA talk forum and communicate with Friends, CR’s and Directors. It is awesome to see that friendships that have been made at the track use the forums to stay in contact with each other year after year despite going months without seeing each other. This club not only has a special place in my heart but I can see that it also has a special place in many of your hearts also.

I want all of you to know that I appreciate your support of the club and I would like to give the “die hards” a late Christmas gift. I’m sure many of you have already renewed your membership for 2010 already, so if you purchased a membership AFTER January 1st , I will be including you in the member drive and depositing a $25 credit into your account. Thank you again for your continued support.

The membership fee may be reduced….but you still get a great value!!
    FREE Expert Instruction - Only the best, most qualified riders are selected to become NESBA Control Riders. They provide FREE, expert, one-on-one instruction to members who want it.
    FREE Crash/Mechanical Insurance - NESBA knows that you sign up for a track day to ride, not to crash or break down. Be assured that if you crash or break down, you get a percentage credit of your track day fee.
    FREE Rain Insurance - If an event is canceled due to rain and no one got to ride, you get 100% credit, even if you didn't show up.
    FREE Tire Program - NESBA knows the biggest expense of track riding is tires. Members who do 15 events/year are rewarded with a free set of sponsor tires.
    Member Discount (Elite membership) - Members attending more than 12 events in the previous year will never have to pay a late fee or cancellation fee when signing up for events this year.
    Multi-Day Discounts - Ride more, save more! Sign up for the first day of a multi-day event and get each subsequent day at $10 off the regular price.
    FREE Track Day Rewards - NESBA's member rewards program is unlike any other. For every dollar you spend with NESBA, you earn points that can be redeemed for track days and memberships.
    FREE Trial Sessions - NESBA knows that riding on the track can be an intimidating endeavor, so we allow you to try it for FREE. If you don't like it, it doesn't cost you a thing!
    FREE Beginners' Orientation - We know some people are unfamiliar with the track environment, so at each event we offer a FREE 40-minute seminar that tells you what you need to know when you're out on the track.
    Seven Day Cancellation - You can cancel up to seven days prior to an event and get your money back minus a small, $5 processing fee.
    FREE Gate Entrance - NESBA never charges you, your family or friends a gate fee. When tracks require a gate fee, NESBA picks up the cost.
    FREE Tire Seminar - At select events, we will hold seminars about tires and how they work.
    FREE Suspension Seminar - At select events, we will be coordinating with Penske Shocks to educate members about suspension technology.
    Prime Riding Times - Most of our track days are held on weekends - prime, high-demand times.
    Sponsor and Dealer Savings - Other benefits include special tire, lap timer and bodywork pricing, discounted trailers, and a dealer network that offers significant savings on parts and accessories.
    Trackside Support - tire service is available at most NESBA events. We also have a healthy selection of hard parts available for purchase at events - so mechanical failure doesn't ruin your day.[/FONT]

2. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    In addition, NESBA offers two FREE 20 minutes sessions on the track. However, you must sign up early at the track you plan on atttending.

The only bike prep for the intro sessions is taping over your mirrors and lights...not very hard.

BZ

3. betarace

betarace New Member

? nobody coming

4. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Beta, love the new avatar of you rocking the VFR.

I'll keep bumping this thread from time to time.

BZ

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  5. jay956

jay956 New Member

what date are you guys starting the season off with?

6. Hotbrakes

Hotbrakes New Member

United States
    Yeah! What day are we starting off with?

7. jay956

jay956 New Member

thats up to the guy with the trailer, but what about 3 days at NJMP in April? i'd be down for that as long as its 2 days at Thunderbolt and 1 at Lightning, which is what NESBAs calender says, but on NJMPs site it says all 3 at Lighting.

i seriously need a second job.

8. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    May 15 at NJMP-Lightning for me and some others and May 15 & 16 at VIR for betarace and others LOL!

I'm looking to do VIR in July and August.

BZ

9. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Steve,

This is Dino, I was hanging out with you back on October 26 when I meet you and "Bubba" at New Jersey Motorsports park . I will be at that track early and often :) Hey Bubba are you bringing the VFR? Perhaps we can get together for a ride in Delaware? Are any of you guys going to the motorcycle show in NYC this weekend? Catch you guys later.

-Dino

10. betarace

betarace New Member

I am getting my dates finalized, but right now my tentative schedule is:

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]May[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]14-15 (Fri/Sat) VIR North/North[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]July [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]16-17 (Fri/Sat) VIR Full and Patriot [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]August[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]22-23 (Sun/Mon) VIR South and North[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]or[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]28-29 (Sat/Sun) Barber[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]October[/FONT]
    10/3-4 (Sun/Mon) Lightning/Tbolt

[FONT=&quot]November[/FONT]
    11/6-7 (Sat/Sun) Tbolt/Lightning

I am also waiting for Summit Point repave and dates.

11. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    Looks like I will be in Lightning on April 3rd or 4th, are any of you guys going?

12. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    The VFR is my track bike LOL! I won't be going to the NYC MC show and a Delaware ride is possible, but there are few curves in DE. Mostly just straight line riding...uugghh.

My buddy Jeff and Curt have committed to the May 15 & 16 dates at NJMP along with another MSF Coach.

Keep in contact as the date gets closer.

BZ

13. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I'm still thinking about NESBA, Bubba. I may build up the courage to ride over to NJMP for the Free Orientation session. That should get me hooked. Then you and your buds will have yet another noob out there to ride circles around.

14. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Awesome Knife!

Don't worry, ride enough and you'll be passing me LOL!

BZ

15. jay956

jay956 New Member

where are you seeing this North-North weekend?

16. betarace

betarace New Member

sorry, it's south/north (even better) - I cut and paste from an older email I sent the boyz before nesba cleaned up the schedule.

17. betarace

betarace New Member

Well NESBA changed some of the dates to Skill Enhancement Days - so no VIR for me in May, but (BOMBSHELL) just added Mid-Ohio to the schedule

So, my revised (still waiting for summit point) schedule is:
    May 10/11 - Mid-Ohio
    July 16/17 - VIR Full/Patriot (iffy on this one)
    August 22/23 VIR South/North
    October 3/4 NJMP Lightning/Thunderbolt

plus 1 summit point weekend

18. jay956

jay956 New Member

Did you guys know that NESBA members can ride with Absolute Cycle and get member pricing? I just found out the other day. They do 4 groups with 15 min sessions, but its a heck of a lot cheaper for NJMP. They have some open track days that caught my attention.

19. betarace

betarace New Member

did not know that. Good info. I am dialing back from the NJMP think this year and focusing on real tracks (VIR and hopefully Mid-O). By "real tracks" I mean "Snookie" and "The Situation" wont be in attendance or riding.

20. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    I was at the Team ProMotion Annual Dinner at NJ Motorsports two weekends ago Team Pro-Motion Sportbike Club. I may ride with Team Promotion in April at NJ Motorsports. I want to check the Montecillo, NY track (heard it is a rider's track) and have spoken to Sportbike Track Time (Sportbike Track Time - Get on the right track !! 419-822-0350 ) about a track day there. The Monticello track is much closer to me - I am working with my Club and we are looking into renting the track and doing our own trackday - may include other Clubs and some fellow Lee Parks ARC Coaches. NESBA sounds OK - might check them later. I am also planning on doing some rallies this year (maybe a trip to the Motorcycle Hall of Fame) - My Club is considering checking the New Hampshire Bikeweek this year where they have a raceway - they and will be doing some AMA racing and vintage racing. Getting ready for a great season. Riding in the cold sucks!!!!!!!!