The Full System That Two Brothers Should Be Making Right Now. (Video Teasers) (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by CandyRedRC46, Aug 7, 2013.

1. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
  2. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    I am going to dyno tune it as soon as the exhaust gets back from the ceramic coater, but as a preliminary report I can say that I had the exhaust on the bike for 24 hours to test fit and it was great. It felt like it made a lot of power everywhere, surprisingly there was no loss in low end. The engine seemed to rev up much faster. I was completely expecting a loss in low end for a gain in top end, due to the much larger primary piping size, but there was no noticeable loss. It felt like a major gain in mid range and top end though. It seems a little louder and deeper down low and louder/raspier up top. The motad has a steel mesh weld into the collector to control sound, the 2bros race header has no sound control.

The Two Brothers Racing header vs the Motad header:
    The primaries are 36.5mm inner diameter versus 31.5mm
    The Primary length is a little shorter and more consistent
    The piping is thinner/lighter and of much higher quality.
    The welds are perfect, look to be robotic TIG, vs the Motad's sloppy MIG spatters.
    Overall the Two Bros header appears to be at the most half the weight of the motad header.
    The spring loaded slip fittings are a god send. The motad clamps and gaskets are the worst/most frustrating idea ever.
    The exhaust ports inside the two bros are absolutely perfect, while the exhaust ports inside the motads are full of crappy MIG welds and splatters.
    The Y pipes on the Two brothers are absolutely perfect, the Y pipes on the motad are decent.

As it turns out the mid pipe for the Two Brothers full system is exactly the same diameter as the two brothers slip on, so all i had to do was cut the end of my slip on off and weld it to the end of the full system's mid pipe. Basically just trading the crappy slip on's clamp fitting with the full system's spring loaded slip fit. It was pretty straight forward, but the angles were a little tricky to work out, as the outlet of the two headers are angled slightly different.

Hopefully I will be able to dyno a baseline on my bike shortly, before the full system gets back from the coater's, and then do a dyno tune, so I can have some real data for you guys. I know butt dynos don't carry too much weight around here.

3. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Candy- unrelated here, but I know that you are always looking to shave weight and help get those 1/4 mile times down... Do you remove the passenger foot pegs when you're running?

I didn't compare these pics to any of your others. But was surprised to see them still mounted.

4. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    the girlfriend made me put them on the other day, but when i run the 1/4 mile the pegs and mirrors come off of the bike. also use of this exhaust forced me to ditch the center stand. so this mod was worth a few pounds weight savings on top of any power gains. we are going to be going fast in winter. stay posted for mid tens :cool:

5. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Just got the exhaust back from the ceramic coater. She's looking good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Just got the exhaust back from the ceramic coater. She's looking good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

Candy where did you find the TB headers? I have been looking for some time and the cheapest I found was in Germany and it was 1600.00 + duies and taxes. Did youfind it stateside or wil i be flying to Europe?

8. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    I got it from a member in Canada for 800.
    They pop up from time to time, you just have to be super patient and search diligently.

9. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    But man is it worth it. Shame on Two Brothers for not keeping these in production.

10. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Very nice :love:
    Great job candyred :thumbsup:

11. Mohawk

Mohawk New Member

The problem with manufacturers fitting stainless headers is that owners are less inclined to replace them. Thus TB etc get less business & the VFR's are not generally upgraded seriously by their owners, so less business again. If you think that these have been in production with the same dimensions since 1998 so 15 years & only a couple of firms make headers for them now :(

Maybe a group buy special order with TB is in order ! I'd have one if CandyRed gets it dyno'd & shows some good results. Hurry up & dyno it !

12. Mohawk

Mohawk New Member

13. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

I called TB yesterday. I was told by the polite but young man that answered the phone that I should search the web cause they dont make them and wont. Money being what it is i am probably just fly out of the US and buy one in Germany or in Europe some where, Back to the drawing board or to Expedia for flight info.

14. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    all the motads, delkivics and sandys etc are all stainless. the problem is that they are too lazy to make a decent performance header. and i guess the two nrothers full system didnt sell well, but wtf they already made it, the development money was already spent, in my opinion that was a dumb move on two brothers part.... maybe they had quality or fitment issues. as a side note, my buddys full erion system has a few more spring loaded slip fittings, which probably make the installation a little less painless....

15. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    i will get some dyno tuning done shortly. does any one live in the central Florida area to do some comparison or base line runs?

16. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    by the way the bike fucking hauls now :biggrin:

17. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    106 to the wheel is pretty damn good. especially with a stock air box and restrictive kn filter and not being able to figure out the ignition.

i have got an adjustable ignition, ported throttle bodies, velocity stacks, pipercross filter, and no flapper or snorkel.
    so maybe 110 would be nice. it definitely feels 110 whp strong right now and i am not even tuned yet.

18. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    all the motads, delkivics and sandys etc are all stainless. the problem is that they are too lazy to make a decent performance header. and i guess the two brothers full system didn't sell well, but wtf they already made it, the development money was already spent, in my opinion that was a dumb move on two brothers part.... maybe they had quality or fitment issues. as a side note, my buddy's full erion system has a few more spring loaded slip fittings, which probably make the installation a little less painless....

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013