Suspension question - new owner

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Chapps, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Chapps

Chapps New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi. I just picked up a 2000 vfr800fi and noticed on my ride home that the suspension felt quite hard - I have been through the papers that came with it and noticed a receipt for hagon front springs and oil - result as that was something I was going to end up doing anyway, so I have set up the sag correctly now for that as there was only 15mm sag with me sat on it. Next was the rear shock - seems this has been upgraded also - can anyone help identify this shock? I’m guessing it is also hagon?

Attached Files:

2. chris.neale

chris.neale New Member

United Kingdom
    It’s a Hagon. If you send it back to them, they’ll overhaul it for a little over £100. If you are lighter or heavier than the norm, they’ll respring and overhaul for about £160. If it’s too old to be worth doing, they custom built a new one for me for £200. Really good company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Chapps

Chapps New Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks Chris. Result. So I have about £450 of suspension upgrades on the bike! Yes their progressive fork springs transformed my xjr1300 (the only new bike I ever bought) which suffered from major dive problems on the stock fork springs from new)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk