Sun Nov 23 Willow Springs

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by reg71, Nov 24, 2008.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    SLOVFR, Tori, and Reg71 at Willow springs yesterday.

Beauty day. 70 degrees and clear. wind 10 mph or less all day. No get offs (for us anyway). Only VFRs I saw there were me and Brian. We had a blast. We all rode the C group since it was my first day and they were giving free classes for C group riders watching video and discussing lines etc.

Tori shot some vids but I don't know how they turned out. We maybe got 2 pics as we were busy all damned day between riding then reviewing our technique. By the end of the day the three of us we running a pretty healthy pace and when we in sections on our own we were having a blast. I got a little nervous when getting in the clumps but once I got used to the notion that it was okay to pass, I had more fun.

I slid the rear tire once and the front twice. After the second time I felt the front slip and regrab I slowed down a bit but I still kept a good pace. The liter bikes would stomp me in the front straight then I'd reel them back in in the first few curves again...

Oh, and FYI, SLOVFR will cut you off if he sees you comin up behind him...just look out... hehe

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I forgot to mention. A few of you have asked me about the new steel braided brake cables. Now, I see why they are good. My brakes were used and abused on occasion without ANY fade whatsoever. My brakes worked as well in the afternoon as they did in the am and that was outstanding. I never had any doubts that when I pulled the lever, I was going to stop quickly...and that's a good feelin when you are approaching 130-140mph coming to a curve...

3. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

Mmmmmnnn, steel braided lines- tasty........ It allows for some really good late braking followed by trail braking. If it didn't cost a testicle, I would have some on the 6th gen.....

4. leftcoast

leftcoast New Member

United States
    somewhere near Seattle, but my heart is just north
    Map
  5. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    MAN ! What a great day. We all had a blast, and everyone rode great. The trip down was fun with all the smack talk, and bullshitting. I really didn't even mind the nice yellow note the man in the black and white car with all the flashy lights gave me :eek:hwell:

Reg was reprizzettin' for both VFRW and his home state with this classy number plate.
    [​IMG]:pound:

Here's a shot of Brian and Reg as we get things ready for our first session
    [​IMG]

B.S.'n after a session.........
    [​IMG]

I set Reg up with a set of Mich. Pilot Race track tires and he put them to good use......
    [​IMG]

Here's Reg and i making it around during a warm up lap
    [​IMG]

I'll have to sort thru some of the video i took, not too much of it is great, but there are some shots of Brian and Reg trailing me (tail mounted cam)

Here's some of the shots i paid for..... by the end of the day i was feeling real good on the F4i and had a nice rythm. I'll have to watch some of my last video to get an idea of our lap time but im thinking it was in the 1:40 range. Not stellar, but not slow either. Best of all we all stayed safe and came home with only sore muscles.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

goinphaster,... do what i did and have Speigler Performance make you a set of front lines for your 6 Gen.

6. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Awesome guys!

Thanks for the post!

BZ

7. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I am truly envious of your weekend, nothing better than good smack talking and fast riding, bummer about your little autograph session:tsk:

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nice...... very nice, look like one hell of a hoot, I hate you all....:biggrin: yes I'm jealous. I mean, just look at that weather. or don't.

9. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map

nah, its all good. I was doing 75 ish, towing a trailer and in the wrong lane. (I5) That tickets been along time coming. You tend not to feel so bad about them when you've been earning it. LOL. .....besides, i got lucky and he only wrote me for improper lane. :cheersaf:

10. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Oh yeah. VFRW on the track. Like to see the video.

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I was talking to Tori on the way home from work today and he told a friend our lap times (he timed them by watching the video) and our friend said we were good for a racing license with those times if we could hold them for 3 laps. Honestly that wouldn't be a problem if we rode in the B group where passing was legal on the right or left and most everyone was running a good pace. I wish we had taken more pics, but I think we were all so jazzed about going that all of us had our minds on other stuff. maybe next time...

12. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    After a some thinking I've decided that I need to get to the track on a regular basis. Thanks for the pics. I sure wish we had an affordable method to truly take up track riding around here.

13. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    I'll work on some video. Can anyone recommend something other than window's movie maker (thats cheap/free) that i can use to chop up and easily edit the 4 vids i have ?

14. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Is your perfect outlook on life attributed to your new hot looking girlfriend? If you tell me she cooks and does everything well behind closed doors I'm really going to be envious :biggrin:

15. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    You guys are trying to shame the rest of us into this whole track thing aren't you? All you goofballs posting these pics and videos and write-ups. "Oh it's sooooooo fun." "It was such a blast." "I had a woody the whole time."
    Sunzabichez. Damn Peer Pressure. :rant:

16. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Save them pennies drewl and you'll be out with us!

BZ

17. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    ...........well, color you envious. :wink: I probrably shouldn't tell you about the dinner she cooked up last nite, or the fact that she likes to golf AND fish ! :bootyshake2:

18. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Here are some more pics taken from the website of the photog that was there.

Attached Files: